Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by twostepmomma

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by twostepmomma
Celebrity Infinity
Celebrity Infinity
Member Name: twostepmomma
Cruise Date: October 2009
Embarkation: San Diego
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America
Cabin Category: INT
See More About: Celebrity Infinity Cruise Reviews | Panama Canal & Central America Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Entertainment 5+

Panama Canal...unbelieveable!
What a wonderful cruise from San Diego to Ft. Lauderdale. I must admit after reading some reviews about the Celebrity Infinity I was a little skeptical about how this trip would turn out. Also a little leary since it was going to be 14 day cruise.

This was a marvelous ship. The crew always had a smile on their faces and are always eager to please and help.

The ship itself was clean and spotless. For an older ship, it was very well maintained.

We stayed at the Courtyard Marriott Old Town. A great place. They pick you up at the airport and they will take you to the cruise ship, free of charge. The only downside is they don't have a continental breakfast, but 2 blocks away in Old Town you can find a really good breakfast for $2.99. Also there in Old Town you can pick up a trolley and tour the entire city in a couple of hours. There is some fun shopping in Old Town too.

Getting on the ship was one of the easiest I've ever experience. Nice, friendly personal which are very helpful.

We enjoyed great food on the ship. The dining room had a good variety of offerings. The buffet in the evening offered a nice alternative...you could have sushi/stir fry or pastas and salads and some yummy pizza. Ice cream and yogurt was served every evening until 9. For breakfast, you had the usual buffet and dining room offerings but also a spa breakfast and lunch served in spa therapy pool area. This breakfast included low calorie foods and organic offerings. It was very nice and good. I had several breakfasts in this area. In the regular buffet at the back of ship was served hot while you wait waffles and pancakes. Very good.

The best part of our trip was our room. We did not get a balcony for this cruise. We opted to take the cheap seats this time. Our room was the largest inside room my husband and I have ever had. It was mid-ship and right across from the elevators. Being mid-ship, it had easy access to everything. Our room number was 7905. We would book it again and we are balcony people. Jose, our room steward was wonderful.

Other wonderful people on this ship were Denvill and Rowinna. Some of the sweetest servers ever.

The variety shows put on the by the singers and dancers were some of the best I've ever seen. The comedians were terrible. Half of the audience wanted to leave. That's bad.

The trip through the canal lasted the entire day. We perched ourselves up in the Constellation Lounge for the entry. After going through the Miraflores locks we moved to the Promenade deck to get up close and personal. You could actually hear us scraping the side of the locks.

We had a great naturalist on the ship who gave us the complete history of the canal the day before we experiences it. That was very nice. We knew what to expect.

I had read some very negative comments about the Infinity before this cruise... the air conditioning didn't work well, the food was terrible, don't get the room by the elevator, the service was horrible. All of these things I found to be false. I have cruised many, many times and I find some people never have good things to say about anything. My husband and I enjoyed this ship so much we wished we had booked it back to back.

All in all we had a pretty smooth sailing and great weather. Happy Sailing to you!

Publication Date: 11/17/09