Carnival Legend Cruise Review by NeeceyGirl

Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Family Get Together
My hubby and I have been on three previous Carnival Cruises with family members from across the United States. This time there were 34 of us, from 11 months to 75 years of age.

Our rooms were ready by 1:00pm and we immediately called Melvin, our room steward, to have a crib set up for our grandson. Melvin was so nice and attentive we felt like he was part of the family. We know he picked up after us 2-3 times a day, because the trash was always emptied.

The Legend is beautiful but some of the small children asked about the lack of clothing on the back walls in the elevators. My hubby was quick with an answer that seemed to satisfy the children for that particular elevator ride.

This was our first time having a balcony room and we loved it except the first night(or two) the winds whistled thru our balcony door making it hard for hubby to sleep.

We did have rough waters Sunday night and high winds thru Wed. I always wear a patch which is a lifesaver. Many of our family members had to get sea sick meds, which the staff were handing out for free.

We never had trouble finding a table on the Lido and didn't mind waiting a minute or two for our omelets. We always ate breakfast and lunch here because we like variety. Our favorite breakfast foods were the omelets (mine always was cheese, ham and tomatoes). We always grabbed extra apples, banana's, and boxes of cereals for the children to munch on during the day and for lunch, I usually had a Reuben sandwich(YUMMY). The pizza was good and I even noticed they had calzones. The lemonade was delicious and the coffee strong (just the way I like it). I am very particular about my drinking water. It was good on the Lido but my hubby, who can drink almost any kind of water, said our bathroom water was not drinkable.

We noticed the bathroom had a bad smell (but only until we set sail) so I was glad I brought air fresheners.

We had early dining and since we prepaid the gratuities, we were told we could mix up the 5 tables to mingle with different family members.

There were lots of fun activities to participate in and when the slide was open it never had more than 5 or 6 people in line so my granddaughter had a ball.

The only thing I didn't care for on board was how impatient some people seemed to be if they could not immediately be moved in the lines or how rude others spoke to the staff. But we did not let that spoil our vacation.

In Grand Cayman, we booked thru Carnival the Cayman Pirate Encounter which we had mixed feelings. The children loved seeing "real pirates" and the 10 children were given toothbrushes, scrub and toilet brushes and told to scrub the deck while the pirates poured water on the "scallywags". The kids enjoyed it very much. I was uncomfortable seeing the volunteer lady tied to a pole and having ice cubes and water poured on her three times. The pirate did ask her if she was okay but I could not help but feel sorry for her because we could plainly see she was shivering and her husband kept reminding her that he had nothing to do with it. We passed several cruise line ships and after we all waved to the people watching us, the pirates would shoot off the cannon and it would scare the people we were waving to because they did not know it wasn't real. We stopped and people jumped in the beautiful waters for a swim before ending the excursion.

Cozumel we booked the PLAYA MIA BEACH BREAK DELUXE. We had to sign the back of our ticket agreeing to the fact that we could not use any of the water toys since it was very windy because of the hurricane. We still had a good time with family in the pool, playground and games they had lined up during the day. We had our own waiter who pampered us with any kind of drink we wanted. The buffet was delicious. We shopped in Cozumel near the port and they had the best bargains. I wish I had bought more than one morocco for $1.00 because in ROATAN, they wanted $5.00 for the same thing.

The Cruise Director, Stephanie was very nice and so was every single employee we spoke to. Everything and everywhere we went was always spotless and clean. The only improvement I would like to see is to have juice available all day instead of just for breakfast on the Lido deck. The ice cream was very good.

Publication Date: 11/16/09