Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by compobasso

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by compobasso
Celebrity Constellation
Celebrity Constellation
Member Name: compobasso
Cruise Date: January 2009
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: 2C
See More About: Celebrity Constellation Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

The Ultimate Repositioning 10 day Cruise
This was our 30th plus cruise and sixth on Celebrity. I was travelling with my wife and two close friends. This was was our first cruise on the Constellation. The last celebrity cruise was in the early 1990s on the Celebrity Galaxy.

The first major difference I notice on this cruise was the level of service. It was far better then my experience with Royal Caribbean, NCL, Costa and Princess.

Our outside cabin, forward was not a balcony but a large picture window. Our friends choose to a balcony stateroom where we shared our cocktails before dinner.

Our Port of calls were Bermuda,St. Martin, Aruba and Labadee. For the positives first. The itinerary, cleanliness of the ship, level of service were all excellent.

For the negative, the dinning room meals were not as good as in past Celebrity cruises but equal or somewhat better then Princess ( my second favorite line). The caribbean night festivities was very disappointing. The only food they had was fruit and ice cream. Also disappointing was the Grand Buffet held in a lounge instead of the restaurant. The food was selection was not what i remember from past celebrity cruises. On a positive note, this particular cruise had two very well prepared and orchestrated Brunch meals held in the two tier dinning room. This buffet caught us by surprise, since it was our first brunch at sea.

My two favorite stops were Labadee and St Martin. For those who have never been to this stop, you will be pleasantly surprise to see this very large complex that consists of several beautiful beaches and restaurants. What I enjoy the most was the Zip line that was opened up 3 months ago and the luge ride that run like a roller coater ride hidden in the mountain. This stop was my first visit to Haiti and I look forward to returning on a future cruise.

My over-all experience on this 10 day cruise was excellent and I would definitely sail on Celebrity again.

Publication Date: 11/14/09