Carnival Glory Cruise Review by 315sundown

Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Cabin Category: 6B
        Under 3 1.0

Bath Robes and Cigarettes
First, let me start with the good. The ship is beautiful and the rooms are as nice as any I've sailed. The room steward was excellent. Everything was cleaned and put where it should be and when it should be. When we boarded the Carnival Glory, I was proud that I had recommended this ship to the two other couples who were traveling with me.

The ports on this cruise were interesting enough with Cozumel being the most accessible and having the most interesting excursions.

As I said, the boat was gorgeous, but ... whatever possessed a group of people to travel between lounges, casinos, buffets, shows, bars, etc. in their bath robes?!?! Cruise ships are suppose to be fun, but there is also a level of elegance associated with cruising. This behavior was just plain crude and offensive to other travelers. It appears to me that Carnival should have enforced a more appropriate dress code in these areas of the ship.

Further, as I said, the room was very nice, but the second you stepped into the hall the cigarette smoke was noxious. I have traveled many cruise lines, but this is the first where the smoke was almost intolerable. Only a few of the ships have trips that are nonsmoking, and there will always be some smoke in the hallways, but this was ridiculous.

Finally, the worst for last - the food. I traveled with five other people and the food was so bad, one of our party excused himself from the dinner meal two nights. The food was substandard and so was the service. There were long periods between courses and the food often came out cold. Prime rib arrived cold, au jus had to be requested, and when it finally arrived it was cold. I will say the cornish hen and lobster tail was excellent, but any beef product would have been better employed in shoes or a purse. Selections on the buffet were limited. There were multiple rows of food - but all the same food.

To sum it all up, this is the worst Carnival Cruise I have ever taken. As a matter of fact, this is the only Carnival Cruise I have even considered bad. When we were planning this trip and had a choice of cruise lines, my comment to others in my group was, "Let's take Carnival, they always treat you well." Not anymore folks! I'll be making other choices in the future.

Publication Date: 11/10/09