Still the best at a reasonable price: Westerdam Cruise Review by skoteinogenitos
Overall Member Rating
Still the best at a reasonable price
Destination: Western Caribbean
Embarkation: Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)
• Port of Embarkation: Port Everglades in Ft. Lauderdale is close to hotels and airport. It is very convenient. Embarkation was well organized and we More were on board at 12:00 PM and had lunch at 12:20PM. Our cabin was ready at1:30 PM. Luggage arrived around 3 PM.
• Stateroom: Very nice. Larger that the usual balcony cabins on most other lines. The bathroom is also quite comfortable. Our stewards were excellent.
• Dining; Very good to excellent in the main dining room. The same in the Lido. We did not try the Pinnacle Grill. We had most of our meals in the main dining room (Vista), the waiters were excellent and one of the supervisors, a charming Dutch young lady (Ana), was extremely kind and efficient. It was difficult to find a table for two (we were assigned to the open seating dining group) but if you don't mind eating late, i.e., 8:30 PM, there was no problem.
• Entertainment; I did not participate in many of these, but it seemed ok. We enjoyed the string quartet several times after dinner. They are a group of congenial musicians, they played classical string music as well as semi-classical and operetta tunes transcribed for strings.
• One salient feature is the Explorations Cafe, a fusion of coffee house, library, and internet cafe. It is very nicely done, with an excellent library. It is the best I have seen up to now. The internet is slow as in all ships.
• One disappointment: The smaller pool that usually has sea-water in the smaller HAL ships, had chlorinated fresh water.
• Disembarkation: Fast and efficient. Less
First, and probably last royal...
Family Cruise ruined by Colleg...