Carnival Valor Cruise Review by donnamoconnor@yahoo.com: beyond my wildest dreams!

donnamoconnor@yahoo.com
0 Post

Compare Prices on Carnival Valor Western Caribbean Cruises

beyond my wildest dreams!

Sail Date: November 2009

Getting on: Car parked, luggage dropped, through registration and to our room in 1/2 hour!

Ship: Very festive and patriotic, but tastefully decorated

Staff: Wonderful

Shows: We went to three shows and the comedian. All were good. The 80's show was the best!

Food: No complaints. Was it 5 star? No. Was it good? Yes.

Cabin: Great! Loved being in the center of the ship and one floor up from promenade

Steward: He did not have the personality that I like, but don't get me wrong, we wanted for nothing!

Weather: We had tropical storm Ida on our tails so the weather wasn't great, but it didn't stop us from having an awesome time.

Excursions: To much junk for sale in the ports and the excursion locations were very crowded. With that said, we had a good time.

Best part: Spending time with my husband with no phone or email ! Less

Read more Carnival Valor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Valor Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Valor Balcony Upper 6382

Carnival Valor 6382 was a very quiet balcony cabin. It was in the center of the ship and one floor up from promenade.

The Port itself was to touristy for me. We took a Hammerhead water sports excursion to the reef, banister island and manatees. It was very good. Our guide Mr. Big and his staff was great! They are very knowledgeable about the area.

To me, this was a made up town by the cruise industry! BIG TOURIST TRAP!!!!! We got off walked around and was back on the ship in an hour.

We booked a day at Nachi Cocum Beach Resort. It rained on us, but this place had everything to be an excellent time. The staff was great!

Read 3102 Cozumel Reviews

We booked a swim with stingrays tour with Moby Dick. Our ship was three hours late so he had to let the tour leave and booked Soto Tour company to take everyone off our ship. The staff was great and the swim was awesome.

Big complaint was all the tour companies go to the same spots so it is so crowded you are all bumping into each other. If I had to do again, I would get a couple of people together and do a private tour.