Carnival Spirit Cruise Review by jeshghn

Cruise Date: October 2009
Embarkation: San Diego
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Cabin Category: 8C
See More About: Carnival Spirit Cruise Reviews | Mexican Riviera Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Fun and Adventure on the Spirit with very little bruising
This was my fourth cruise in the last two years, my first time sailing out of West Coast.

First off the ship! I really like that there was four out door pools which ensured people were able to space out and you never felt crowded. I spent the majority of my time at the AFT pool and was always able to get a lounge chair by arriving at 10:00am, sometimes it did get busy but there was always a couple of empty ones. There was also the usual bar and ice cream stations in the AFT area. Every afternoon they also had a sundae bar which was wonderful with all the fixing you could want from crushed butterfingers to real whipped cream!

Lido buffet was always nice, especially the Asian station. My only complaint is that all of the stations are too far apart to make it easy to go back and forth. Staff needed to be more on top of getting clean glasses out, as several times the drink stations would have run out of them. I guess people are starting to follow the "no refilling" policy.

I did the any time dining and enjoyed it. Several nights I was able to get a private table, other nights I did enjoy meeting people at a shared table. One night, I ended up being the center of attention when a rather tall older man, who a bit too much to drink fell on/over me while I was eating. He grabbed my face as he went down! I couldn't believe it! Got poked in the eye, had my ear ring pulled out and have a rather large bruise on my elbow from where I banged into the chair beside me. The staff handled the situation very well, I had three staff members checking on me to make sure I wasn't injured.

Karaoke bar was a blast thanks to some very talented and some very funny fellow guests and the very talented host Kay! Stu and Weezie did a great job organizing entertainment and competitions on the ship. I'm not much of a joiner but certainly did enjoy watching some of them and the people who did participate looked like they enjoyed it.

Halloween was well done with tons of decorations, special desserts, and a costume contest for guests! Must say some people really out did themselves with group themed costumes (Adams Family, Snow White and the seven dwarfs, Adam & Eve) and lets not forget the leg lamp from the Christmas Story.

Publication Date: 11/09/09