Seabourn Legend Cruise Review by James King: Seabourn Legend - Western Mediterranean

James King

Seabourn Legend - Western Mediterranean

Sail Date: July 2004
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona

After British Airways lost my luggage from LHR to Barcelona, I wondered what was in store for me for the rest of the cruise! However we were looked after like royalty from the moment we left Barcelona airport.

We arrived at the port early, so Seabourn provided us with a hospitality room in the hotel adjacent to the boarding area. We had lunch and looked at the ship from the top of the hotel.

Embarkation was FANTASTIC, glasses of punch whilst you waited to be checked in (the only fault was that they didn't keep us waiting long enough to have another one!!!) We were shown to our cabin and our bags of course (minus mine!) were waiting for us.

Our Stewardess Marie was amazing, nothing was too much trouble, she kept the room spic and span, kept the minibar stocked and was always anticipated your every request.

Food on board was just outstanding, on the last night there was a deck BBQ, by far the best BBQ I have ever had anywhere including some More fantastic resorts in Barbados. Lobster, Cowboy steaks and everything that you could imagine and want. This is where Seabourn makes all the difference. A waiter overheard my comment that "Crepe Suzzette would have gone down a treat" within 10 minutes, all of our table were dining on crepe suzzette. Just amazing!

The Captain on Board was also the funniest captain I have ever sailed with, on the watersports day, he was the "Bananna Boat" Driver and took photos of us all falling in. What a nice person!!

The bar staff anticipated your every request, Dirk was especially good at recommending drinks to go with cigars!! Everyone on board went out of their way to make sure you had the cruise of your life.

I have been on over 25 cruises, and normally by the second day you hear passengers complaining. Not on this ship! I was pleased to see that no complaints had been made, there really wasn't any need to make a complaint because everything was perfect.

We shall return to Seabourn Legend, and recommend it highly to everyone. Less