Costa Allegra Cruise Review by blue cruiser: costa cowboy not cruises

costa cowboy not cruises

Sail Date: October 2009
Destination: Asia
Embarkation: Singapore

We have just returned from the Costa allegra from the 3rd of October sailing, and feel it's a different style of cruising from what were used to. the officers like to keep away from the guests and even on gala nights they sat on there own table not spread around like on other lines.

There was a serious lack of information passed down from above even when stuck on a sandbank for seven hours only received two announcements. Not even the guest relations desk or front desk new what was going on, we nearly had a riot as people were so fed up and we missed most of our day in port a highlight for many.

Entertainment was very good I thought and the animation team worked very hard the most I have ever seen on a ship.

Food good but never hot not even warm sometimes you don't want to send it back every meal every day you should not to have to.

The hard working and very friendly crew do there best and do not stop smiling but I feel they our overworked More and not enough of them to keep the ship working properly with the full ship we had.

The usual as in previous reviews brown water out of taps water coming up thought the drains, there our problems with that on this ship.

I do not know if because of its past but the ship does not ride to well even in not very rough conditions it rolls quite a lot.

the ports we visited were very good and that's why we chose the cruise I will not go in to them as revived before but each was good in its own way jus missed ho ch min for most of the day as arrived at 4pm as captain or pilot sails on to sandbank where we spent most of the day did not even get a apology or drink for that. also felt safety was lacking six days before some of guest had lifeboat drill the there was no checking to see if you attended this and we also left Brunei with suspected small fire on board, why leave port till sure problem dealt with to me that is not putting peoples safety first, and after the September sailing you wonder what there safety record is.

I was disappointed with this cruise and felt glad to get off and do not know if its Costa allegra or Costa in general but threes things missing and poor service. Not sure if will return to this ship or line. Less

Read more Costa Allegra cruise reviews >>