“Traveling with a Lady”

bcirish
Member Since 2006
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
This was our first transatlantic and it will not be our last on the Eurodam. It was a wonderful experience from the embarkation to the disembarkation 28 days later. The food was the best we have had onboard and the staff was excellent. We had great service in our room and in the dining room. Everyone went out of their way to make our experience memorable. We loved all of the new spaces like the Silken Den and although we enjoyed the special dining we found that the dining room was our place of choice. The entertainment was varied and the shows were well presented.

The ports we visited were once in a lifetime experiences for us but the crossing was very enjoyable too. We looked forward to our sea days. We were concerned that with the addition of the cabanas that we would be crowded around the pool but at least for this cruise - this was not a problem although I imagine that it might be on a warmer destination cruise.

Our big disappointment was the piano bar - in the past it has been a highlight in a cruise but this time - the young man was arrogant and loud - never have had this experience before - there were some people who liked him but most nights he played to a handful. I personally could not stand to be in the same room for more than a few minutes. The other entertainment was pretty good throughout the ship. I did notice that the stringed ensemble had a bit of an attitude at times - treated the audience as if they were not very knowledgeable concerning classical music and I think they were very wrong - the audience seemed musically well versed ( I speak as a professional musician )

I know that the food onboard is a result of the head chef and we lucked out - I found the food in the main dining room equal to what we usually find in the Pinnacle and the Pinnacle was out of sight.

For us - this was a special trip and our first opportunity to experience transatlantic travel .We found that we liked the experience and we also found that we liked the experienced travelers with whom we shared this trip- these transatlantic travelers had a lot of experience under their belts and they were very classy. Wonderful ship and wonderful experience- The Eurodam is quite a lady in all aspects.

Eurodam Cruises to the Baltic Sea
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

ss6106
Perfect location for this trip - got to watch all the port activity when docked. Room was comfortable and quiet - close to elevators for dining without being on the main walkway

Port
COPENHAGEN AND HELSINKI Not so hot - expensive and crowded- had an enjoyable day at the castles but at the end we came back to Copenhagen and I would not go back- too expensive. There is a lot to see but to date it is the most expensive port we have visited

Helsinki was the same Disappointment - if the biggest thing you have to offer is a church built in the rocks because the locals did not want it to interfere then that does not say much for the city. Seriously - many people liked Helsinki - I know that your port experience is often based on your excursion and this was a bad excursion- very disappointing guide- suppose we should give it another try but it personally would not be worth the trip

Port
Very large city - wish the docks had been closer to the center of town - Princess was docked there-
Read 509 Lisbon Reviews
WAREMUNDE AND BALBOA SPAIN Balboa Spain - loved the Guggenheim and the city visit was very quaint and enjoyable

WAREMUNDE - Pleasant experience - lots of heritage and pleasant area to visit -very pretty

Port
ROTTERDAM Went to Gouda - great trip wonderful cheese charming little village- unexpected treat
Port
Stockholm and Estonia were both delightful - very user friendly and full of pleasant experiences and surprises.
Published 11/01/09
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Eurodam Review
Eurodam Cruises to the Baltic Sea
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?