Splendour of the Seas Cruise Review by BobbieJ

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Splendour of the Seas Cruise Review by BobbieJ
Splendour of the Seas
Splendour of the Seas
Member Name: BobbieJ
Cruise Date: October 2009
Embarkation: Venice
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: I
See More About: Splendour of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Cabins Not Rated
        16+ 2.0

Ship Facts: Splendour of the Seas Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Splendour of the Seas Deck Plans
Splendour of the seas
We sailed on 3rd Oct from Venice. Boarding was very smooth and easy. The ship was very clean. Food was adequate without being spectacular. The biggest problem with the Windjammer (and this is true on the Independence also)was never being able to find a seat. They need to be able to find a way to seat more people. Even at offpeak times it was almost impossible. Ships staff were ok. Some better than others. Cabin stewards great. Waiters and bar staff ok, although some would forget your order either partly or altogether. Also, was charged for some drinks that I should not have been as we had a drinks package and had shown the cards. When I pointed it out I got an instant apology and was shown 'cancellation slips'. I asked for a copy of them but was told I couldn't have them. When I got my bill they hadn't been removed. Reception said they would sort it out but didn't so it appeared on my final bill. Small amounts but I wrote to RCI on my return to complain giving them 2 weeks to reply. I heard nothing. Not good. Thankfully it was not a more serious issue.

The itinerary was great .. we were blessed with very nice weather. Tendering was pretty smooth although if you just missed a boat you could have a good long wait for the next one.

The single biggest let down was the entertainment. It was appalling. I have sailed on 12 cruises with 7 different companies and this was the worst by far. I can only assume they know the ship alone will sell the holiday and don't have a big budget for entertainment. The only good shows were acts flown in. The singers and dancers were third rate. Many people got up and walked out. Others fell asleep. If they were half as good as say Thomson that would have been acceptable but sadly were not. Overall, I would not sail on that ship again but only because of the entertainment. As we had cruised with RCI before we went along to the Welcome back party. It seems they have recognised the entertainment issue and are flying in the actual cast from Hairspray for the Oasis. That's all well and good for people lucky enough to go on that but what about the rest of the fleet. I pointed this out to RCI also and really hope they do something about it.

Publication Date: 10/29/09
More Splendour of the Seas Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Splendour of the Seas review Read the next Splendour of the Seas review

More Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews