Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by LATWO: Nothing but Splendid

Nothing but Splendid

Sail Date: October 2009
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

The thought of being stuck in the middle nowhere for days at time was worrisome. When we first embarked I knew this would way different than anything I have ever done. Though I had in my mind that Hurricane Rick was about to strike the Baja Mexico I had my hopes that we would be fine. Upon boarding they advised us that we would not be stopping in Mazatlan, I thought it was okay since safety is first.

When we arrived to our cabin it was roomier than I thought and boy the view from our balcony was to die for. The first night was hard since we weren't used to the motion of the boat it was extra rough because of the Hurricane after that I would compare it to flight on an airplane. The second night on the ship we eat dinner at the Pinnacle Steakhouse where the dinner is delicious and hearty. The third night was where we finally sat at our assigned seating we had the late dinner our waiter was Allan who was entertaining and Haryanna his assistant that uber helpful.

The More cruise director was Stephanie she was full of energy and fun sorry guys that was her last cruise she was promoted to the Carnival Legend. They really kept it fun on board the only thing I lament is the final clearance sale it was a mess and not much of a steal.If time permits try to learn a little Spanish it help when your shopping and trying to bargain. After this cruise I would definitely cruise carnival again. Less

Read more Carnival Splendor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Splendor Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Splendor Balcony Upper 6220

Beautiful balcony spring for a balcony if you can afford it, the views are great.

I loved Cabos San Lucas is was what I envisioned of the tourist areas it was really nice and different shops to pick from. The beach was beautiful everywhere you turned it was like a picture on postcard. The tendering process was easy but scary when you feel you running out of time.

You could really just walk around you kind of had to buy an excursion in order to get around and enjoy the town.
Read 249 Ensenada Reviews

We took the Mismaloya city tour which was informative at time but with the tours there you every other ship get taken to same places. We where docked next to Celebrity "Infinity" and Royal Caribbean "Mariner of the Seas"(which was stayed over the night the day before because of the Hurricane Rick)so business was booming for the tour buses. Travel-ex was the company in charge of our tour took us to one jewelry store and restaurant which wasn't much of the tour I would have settled for the beach and shopping at one of the interior flea market because by the flea market by ship everything was overpriced.One person in party is handicapped the tour was rough on her wheelchair and wheelchair accessible buses.