Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by Pharmacistking: Initiation to Freestyle Cruising

Overall Member Rating

Initiation to Freestyle Cruising

Sail Date: October 2009
Destination: Bahamas

My fiancee and I needed a quick break from our daily lives and the rock bottom price we got for this 4 day Bahamas cruise seemed like the perfect solution. We are in ou 30s and this was our 3rd cruise.

We flew into Miami the day before and embarkation at Port of Miami was a breeze. We were on the ship around 1:30 p.m. and our stateroom was ready. The balcony stateroom on the NCL sky was smaller than the one we had on Crown Princess and Carnival Spirit. Our main complaints : room space was adequate for a 4 day cruise, but would be cramped for a 7 day cruise, also the furniture and bathroom starting to be a little dated.

We prefer the concept of fixed dining to freestyle, building a relationship with the crew is easier in a fixed setting and I guess we are conservative cruisers. The food quality and quantity was sufficient so was the bar menu and wine list.

The cruise director was very good, entertainment was OK and the general facilities were nice but not More as glitzy as what we see on Princess or Carnival.

In general we enjoyed our cruise, but I am not convinced I would cruise with NCL again unless I got a super deal. Less

Published 10/25/09

Read more Norwegian Sky cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Sky Review >>

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sky Bahamas Cruises

Cabin review: BA9254 Mid-Ship Balcony

Not enough storage room, dated bathroom and furniture. Adequate balcony space. Relatively small for a balcony room.

Read All Mid-Ship Balcony (BA) Reviews >>

Port Lucaya beach was nice we "squatted" the Radisson, that resort is new and seemed 90% empty, the whole port seemed dead. Nice weather and facilities, not much shopping at Port Lucaya Marketplace.

Read 1058 Freeport Reviews

Weather was the best in Nassau. We went to Paradise Island. Too expensive for my taste and not much to do except for Atlantis which is ridiculously expensive. Some good shopping in town, especially at the Bacardi store.

If we were to go again we would go to Cable Beach or take a day pass at the Hilton.

Read 4043 Nassau Reviews

Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X