Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by Dorene1

Cabin Category: BC
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: Norwegian Sky Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Sky Deck Plans
Pleasure to sail on NCL Sky
Arrived a day earlier and stayed at the Best Western Atlantic Beach Hotel, nice hotel not close to South Beach but perfect if you like the Beach. We arrived around 11:00 at the pier, we were on the ship by 11:30. Greeted by the NCL staff and we made our reservations for La Bistro for our anniversary. We walked around and then headed for the buffet for lunch. There was plenty of choices and the food was very good. I carry our bathing suits in my back pack, after lunch we changed and we were sitting in the hot tub and pool. At 2:00 an announcement was said the cabins are available. We stayed outside and finished our drink of the day and then went to our cabin.

We had a balcony, I have been on inside cabins and penthouses on NCL. Most cabins run on the small side, but the penthouses are amazing......we relaxed on our balcony and had some champagne and strawberries that were part of our romance package. The life drill was normal, many people on board not listening to the no smoking/drinking policy during the drill and not listening to the staff as well. After the drill, we went back to our room and our luggage was there and we unpacked and relaxed as we set sail. We decided to do the buffet for dinner and we had a great dinner with many choices. The entertainment to us was listening to some music and having the martini's 2 for 1 nightly 6-8. They had many drink specials 2 for 1 specials as well as Martini clinic (not enough people showed up so it was cancelled, but was given a sample of a chocolate martini because we waited, very nice of the bar tender) Margarita Clinic and my favorite the wine tasting.........very very good......after that I had to take a nap.....LOL. We also ate at the Italian Restaurant, it was very good and we walked away full and then some. The ship is very clean and not too big which I enjoy. We didn't do well at the casino, this is the only part of the sky I didn't like, they need more $0.25 slot machines. We played trivia and had a great time. We stayed on the ship in Nassau and pampered ourselves, I had a facial and ankle and foot massage, hubby had back and neck massage and hot stone......wonderful.....great service and enjoyable. Due to the weather we could not go the the private island and the nice thing was they gave out new itineraries for that day due to it being a sea day. We enjoyed our last day on the Sky, we had reservations for La Bistro, my favorite place. The food and the service is top notch. Unfortunately, we had to return to our room and pack to go home. We managed to finish quickly and enjoy the last night, having few martinis and listening to some great music. I would like to also comment, the band by the pool was excellent very talented group. We had a wonderful 3 day cruise and I am pleased with the service, food and the condition of the ship. I plan on returning to NCL in the future. I have been on over 40 cruises and this is my 6Th with NCL. If you are looking for a short cruise, great price and over all great cruise I do suggest NCL Sky.

Dorene