Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by rpclmc: YAHOO - Girl's cruise

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sky Bahamas Cruises

YAHOO - Girl's cruise

Sail Date: October 2009
Destination: Bahamas

This was a girl's cruise. I came from Idaho and met up with a friend from Canada and one from Jersey.

Unfortunately, I cannot say good things about the cruise line, but I had a good time none the less, due to great friends, from before the cruise and meeting on the cruise.

Embarkment was a breeze. We all met and got there about 1:00 pm. There was more of a line than I had experienced on my 4 other cruises, but it flowed quickly, efficiently and the check in lady was fun and friendly.

Debarkment was even easier. Two of us left late and carried our own bags off; it was quick and smooth.

I never got hot water in my shower, even after reporting it (nicely) two times. Thank goodness for a short cruise. I also never received soap, shampoo or conditioner. Thank goodness I bring my own. These were the smallest rooms I have ever seen. I know and expect cruise cabins to be small, but these were tiny.

Dining in all areas, More breakfast, lunch, dinner and service; the buffett, Crossings and Palace where pathetic. The food was aweful; as hotdog said no one starved, that is right, but don't expect high quality food. The service was pathetic; terribly, terribly slow and not friendly. I could have gotten better food and service at McDonald's.

This is a smaller ship and for the most part, is kept very clean and nice. There were a few incidences where the ladies bathrooms were flooding and it took several reportings and a fall to get this taken care of. The decor is very subtle and actually quite nice. I don't cruise for the decor, but it was nice.

The front desk staff was not pleasant or helpful.

Now, the bar staff, were very friendly and quite efficient (most of the time). The Longboarder bar had quite a nice and good tasting selection of foods after 6:00 pm.

The announcements were little and not intrusive. And the muster drill was fast and efficient.

I will not be commenting on price. Since I really didn't do any comparison pricing; I went for the friends and I also had to pay double, being a single in a double room. But I think that is standard throughout the cruise industry.

Also, I won't be doing specific port reviews. We did stop in Nassau and it was hot and very humid. Not anyone's fault, I know, just made it hard to enjoy it to the full potential. We just got off for a couple hours to do a bit of shopping and back on the ship. The next stop was to be our beach time at Great Stirrup Cay; it looked really nice from the ship, but we didn't get to get off the ship and enjoy it due to poor weather and not able to tender. Again, no one's fault about the weather, just dissapointing.

I hope no one slams me for my honest opinion and yes, this was MY opinion and it doesn't mean that this cruise line isn't for some people. Just won't be my choice in the future. Less

Read more Norwegian Sky cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Sky Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Sky 4204

4204, Tiny cabin. No hot water in shower and no soap, shampoo or conditioner provided the whole time.