Carnival Pride Cruise Review by LouLou410: 1st time out of B-more

1st time out of B-more

Sail Date: May 2009
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Baltimore

This was mine and my husbands 4th cruise, we are in our 20's. We also went with 5 other family members aged from 18-50, all first time cruisers. It was the best cruise I've ever been on. Baltimore was so much faster than I would have thought for being a new port things were relatively painless and we were on the boat in about 40 min. The only real glitch the whole week happened in the first hour. We booked 3 rooms for 7 people one under my husbands name one under mine to get a discount for 2 rooms. We were told to tell them at the pier how we wanted our sleeping arrangements that it was no problem, they do this all the time. At the pier they told us to talk to the pursers desk. So, while we got on relatively quickly we were at the pursers desk for about another 45 min. trying to get everyone's new sign and sail cards in order. But we asked to have our balcony's opened to adjoin and it was done within an hour or so. This ship was the most beautiful ship I have ever seen. I adored all More of the Renaissance artwork, the low lights and golden candelabras in the atrium were just so beautiful. Everything was.

Food was better on this cruise than any other. The buffets were really really good and I've never been a big fan before. The chicken fingers on Lido deck were outstanding. In the dinning room we were seated at an aft table. My family was SO excited about this! And the DR food was also amazing, our waitstaff Inengah and Mirella were so great. My dad showed up one night while we were finishing dessert (I know, so rude) but they just smiled and asked what he wanted. My husband and I really wanted to try David's, but the DR was always just so good we never made it. Our room stewards Iketchu and Christopher were always smiling and accommodated me with extra pillows and when they cleaned, they hung everything up and matched up all my shoes...couldn't believe it. We hit up the club a couple times, it was pretty good. Pizza when it was over, that is always good.

My mom and aunt went to the piano bar alot they had a blast. My dad spent a lot of time in the casino, he ended up winning like $1800 by the end. We won a little money too, that was awesome. And a couple night we all went to karaoke, it was fun, but it was always either really crowded or totally empty. And the shows were ok. My mom and aunt went to more than I did and they liked them more than I did. Debarkation was a breeze. My grandparents dropped us off and picked us up, (this is advisable because of the cost of parking) and it was really easy to figure out where to go. After everything was said and done it was the best week of my life. I was so excited to have my family along and they all had a great first cruise and I'm thankful that we were able to go on a great vacation that we could all afford. Less

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Pride Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Pride Balcony Verandah 7203

Small shower, good location, nice balcony. Holds 3 people. Not a flat screen tv.

Freeport was our last stop. I wasn't really impressed with this one. It looks like Dundalk with palm trees at the dock. We all did the Wyndham resort, it was just ok. My brother really loved it because he's 18 and the bar was included. Plus he did archery and games all day. But I was a little bored and I got bit by a mosquito at the archery and left. (I hate mosquitoes) I ended up taking another scuba dive. Unfortunately they told me I would have plenty of time to get back and that was not the case. The bus left without me and my husband and brother. My mom had my bag with my money and sign and sail card. It is supposedly a policy that if you are on a Carnival excursion they won't leave without you, so I kept telling myself that so I wouldn't freak out. But it did cost us $50 for the cab fee and I had to sit and wait in the cab until my husband could find my mom and get my bag. Everything worked out, but it was a little scary at the time. Luckily, I had a spa treatment right when I got back. I was so relaxed at the end of it, I didn't complain or try to get reimbursed. And I booked another treatment for the next day. OMG, it was so nice. I got a wrap and massage both times. One was a muscle melting wrap and one was a milk wrap. Both were divine.

Read 775 Freeport Reviews

Grand Turk was nice, 4 of us went scuba diving for beginners and loved it. We booked through Carnival and thought that the guide was really great. If you rent a wetsuit bring cash, they don't accept cards. Then everyone went to Margaritaville, it was crowded but fun.