Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by stegre13: Yes No Yes

stegre13
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Independence of the Seas Europe - British Isles & Western Cruises

Yes No Yes

Sail Date: October 2009
Destination: Europe - British Isles & Western
Embarkation: Southampton

This is our 17th cruise YES a fantastic ship,the crew could not do enough to help. The food was great in the wind jammer, chops and grill, johnny rockets, in fact the food was good every where on board, we did not eat in the main dinning room never have done as we prefer causal dinning.

Our Cabin was at the back of the ship on deck 6 it was kept spotless and the cabin steward could not do enough to help.

We went to 2 shows and the ice dancing all very good, the music and singers in the bars were also good.

The main deck is something to see shops, bars, eating places and entertainment even a barbers,

Now the NO

Let me explain I smoke drink and enjoys a gamble as do many other cruisers, there are only 2 smoking bars the Connoisseur with about 20 seats and the labyrinth with about 40 seats both are enclosed with no views in fact the bar in the connoisseur has only 2 seats the only other smoking areas were on the outside on deck 4 and 11 More port-side with about 5 tables remember this ship can hold 3000 plus people. In the evenings both bars were overfull and people were finding it hard to find a seat. The labyrinth even had a disco. I have been on 4 other royal caribbean ships and the vortex always had a smoking area with nice views, this it not a smokers ship.

On the drink side of things yes the beer was over priced $6.50 for a pint, but the cocktails were ok at about $7 to $9 considering the size of the measures and the spirits were about 2 doubles to a glass.

Now to the casino i like a game of poker, Texas hold em, the only table was automatic no real cards, no dealer, just a machine it spoilt the fun of the game, no chat and banter, in fact boring just a money making machine for the ship.

This is a family ship there were quite a few children and teenagers on board, i would hate to think what it would be like in school holidays in fact 1 crew member said in august there were more children than adults, don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with kids and teenagers and the ones i spoke to were having a fantastic time.

I wish royal Caribbean every success with this type of ship i really do, but it is not for me or many other people i spoke to, i prefer a more adult type of ship, would i go on it again no

I am natural talker and spoke to many other cruisers who agreed we me on the above points

Now Back to YES would i go with royal Caribbean again defiantly but not this ship i like a smoke with a view a good game of cards, with real cards and a dealer and a laugh also a bar with more than 2 seats.

I hope you some of you regular cruisers find this review helpful and hope to see you board some time, again good luck to royal caribbean with this ship Less

Read more Independence of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Independence of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Independence of the Seas 6712

average size but still adequate clean and great cabin staff

I am not going to write a report about each port as every body likes doing differnt things so just do what you and enjoy