Costa Allegra Cruise Review by Lindylooj

Cruise Date: September 2009
Embarkation: Hong Kong
Destination: Middle East
Cabin Category: i2
See More About: Costa Allegra Cruise Reviews | Middle East Cruise Reviews | Costa Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Costa Allegra Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Costa Allegra Deck Plans
Costa Allegra an honest review and we are not put off
The costa Allegra was our first cruise and all we heard whilst on it was that it was awful compared to others but as we had nothing to compare with the following is what we found.

Extremely easy embarkation, well organised and cabin spacious and appeared clean, however we found some small shards of glass on the carpet so if this was a leftover from the previous weeks typhoon it was worrying, I left it on the side with a note for carpet to be thoroughly vacuumed - dont think this was done, note was moved with no apology left. Half way through cruise we got a bill for the large bottle of water that was meant to be in the cabin on boarding (there was most definately not one in ours so we refused to sign and pay for something we had not had). Room was made up a couple of times a day and clean towels left even though I was happy to use them again. We didnt have cups for a couple of days and a few other little things but otherwise cabin was fine. If you order breakfast in bed it tended to arrive 10 minutes earlier than the specified time.

The ship was small and easy to find everything, restaurant not really to my liking as food was limited for vegetarians, I ended up with cauliflower and mushrooms first night. Another night I ordered spinach pie and veg and the veg came as a course after the small piece of pie I got. Sundaes were one scoop of icecream with one piece of named fruit. However I really enjoyed the yaught club, Ok it was a bit cheap cafe style tables but much better food and as much as you wanted, really hot and it suited us better. Must say our fellow cruisers in the restaurant were great company and we spent quite a lot of time with them.

The staff were wonderful and if you asked for something you got it, if tv didnt work they were there instantly. The paperwork for visas, trips etc was also so well organised. We do not drink alot of alcohol so had 2 x boys and girls cards and 1 x water package and as these came as vouchers you could use them anywhere on board I tended to have the virgin cocktails to get the most value out of the vouchers.

We have booked with Costa again on board Serena to give the larger vessel a go. If you are going on Allegra you will enjoy if you dont let the little bug bears get to you, so what if you are missing a cup for an hour or so or have to go to reception for something is it really such a big deal. LIFE IS TOO SHORT SO ENJOY.

Publication Date: 10/23/09