Carnival Victory Cruise Review by boxerbob1

Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

spectacular!
this was the first time we ever cruised in a suite. granite countertops, spacious cabin and bath, spacious balcony. bath had a jetted tub. room had a flat screen hi def tv..No complaints about the ship, in excellent condition and well maintained. Food was excellent, best lobster Ive had in a long while. Flat iron steak is worth ordering. . We are both on a diet and the SPA selections on the menu are very tasty. My wife hurt her ankle a few weeks before the cruise. We were assigned seating in the Pacific dining room in the aft section of the ship.

Our room was midship near the glass elevators in the atrium. We went to the Maitre D (Ryan) and requested his help in finding a new seat. He was absolutely the most cooperative gentleman I have ever met. Put my wife and I at a table for 2 in the Atlantic dining room. I also cannot say enough about Oscar and Enio who waited on us each evening. Way to go Carnival for hiring such wonderful people. I am anglo, there were many latinos on the ship, I never had a problem with anyone.Kids are kids and can get rowdy but it wasn't a problem as far as I can see. I loved the big screen on the Lido deck. And Chris ( guitarist and singer) should cut an album...the dude rocks. Carlos santana would be proud of him when he does Oye Como Va. the evening shows were ok. the guy sang a little flat and the gal sang a little sharp. they should probably get someone else in the piano bar, too. Go to the Karaoke bar instead. or up to the lido deck for a soak in the hot tub while watching a movie.

the itinerary was great, a new island everyday. Lots of beautiful places to see. In Barbados we went on the pirate ship snorkel excursion. those guys had some serious rum punch. not much punch mostly rum. Don't drink too many or you will be dancing with the rest of them to "Hot, Hot Hot" on the top deck...great fun. I could go on, but I won't . Dont be afraid of this cruise, be sure to take your camera, and be sure to go on the beach excursion on st Kitts...good times.

Publication Date: 10/22/09