Carnival Victory Cruise Review by boxerbob1: spectacular!

boxerbob1
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Carnival Victory Southern Caribbean Cruises

spectacular!

Sail Date: October 2009
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan

this was the first time we ever cruised in a suite. granite countertops, spacious cabin and bath, spacious balcony. bath had a jetted tub. room had a flat screen hi def tv..No complaints about the ship, in excellent condition and well maintained. Food was excellent, best lobster Ive had in a long while. Flat iron steak is worth ordering. . We are both on a diet and the SPA selections on the menu are very tasty. My wife hurt her ankle a few weeks before the cruise. We were assigned seating in the Pacific dining room in the aft section of the ship.

Our room was midship near the glass elevators in the atrium. We went to the Maitre D (Ryan) and requested his help in finding a new seat. He was absolutely the most cooperative gentleman I have ever met. Put my wife and I at a table for 2 in the Atlantic dining room. I also cannot say enough about Oscar and Enio who waited on us each evening. Way to go Carnival for hiring such wonderful people. I am anglo, there were many latinos on More the ship, I never had a problem with anyone.Kids are kids and can get rowdy but it wasn't a problem as far as I can see. I loved the big screen on the Lido deck. And Chris ( guitarist and singer) should cut an album...the dude rocks. Carlos santana would be proud of him when he does Oye Como Va. the evening shows were ok. the guy sang a little flat and the gal sang a little sharp. they should probably get someone else in the piano bar, too. Go to the Karaoke bar instead. or up to the lido deck for a soak in the hot tub while watching a movie.

the itinerary was great, a new island everyday. Lots of beautiful places to see. In Barbados we went on the pirate ship snorkel excursion. those guys had some serious rum punch. not much punch mostly rum. Don't drink too many or you will be dancing with the rest of them to "Hot, Hot Hot" on the top deck...great fun. I could go on, but I won't . Dont be afraid of this cruise, be sure to take your camera, and be sure to go on the beach excursion on st Kitts...good times. Less

Read more Carnival Victory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Victory Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Victory Suite Empress 7278

our cabin was a suite, 7278. just steps away from the elevators in the atrium..large closets, granite countertops, jetted tub...etc...great room. no complaints at all.

shopped here because of the wifes ankle, skipped an excursion we'd paid for. regret it because i hear the beachs are awesome. Carnival is taking antiqua off their ports of call in 2010 due to a tift between some drunken new yorkers and local police. A cabbie was having trouble with these 6 guys getting aggressive in his cab so he drove to the police station. the guys got out and started fighting a cop. so they got arrested...Duh. Carnival should reconsider abandoning Antiqua. thats all i have to say about it. a very helplful gentleman at a local eyeware store fixed my sunglasses for me. no charge ( i tipped him, of course)

Read 808 Antigua Reviews

beachs were incredible also the pirate excursion, great place. dont wear camo stuff. they will arrest you.

Read 707 Barbados Reviews

I got my hair braided there. Very lovely, since I am mostly bald. bought some cuban cigars. didnt look around the island too much. should have but my wifes ankle was hurting so we took it easy on the ship.

Read 491 Dominica Reviews

loved this island. friendly people lovely beaches, we did do the beach excursion this day and it was fabulous...driver was great, William Tyson. told us about allot of local history. stopped for pictures at a high point on the Island.

spent the day with my son and his fgirlfriend at their Sandals resort. beautiful island

bought jewelry there from Diamonds international. If you are planning on buying Jewelry do it in St Thomas, the exemption on Duty is double (1600 per person vs 800 per person) alos you can get 4 liters of liquor duty free there as apposed to 1 liter duty free anywhere else on the itinerary. When you fill out your customs declaration at the end of the cruise indicate in parenthesis st thomas next to the items you buy there so customs is aware.

Read 2342 St. Thomas Reviews