Carnival Glory Cruise Review by shimuneka: Good time on the Glory

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Good time on the Glory

Sail Date: October 2009
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

My wife and I are in our 20's and this was the 7th cruise for us on Carival and the Glory was the 4th Carnival boat we have been on. I want to start off by saying that we booked this cruise the day after we got off the boat in May 2009, prior to hunting season dates beign published. I was very much looking forward to this trip until I realized that I wa going to be missing 2 weekends of hunting season. Furthermore, I read several reviews with bad thins to say about the poor condition of the Glory and their negative thoughts of the crew. As far as that goes, all I can say is when you have a boat of that size, there are always going to be MORONS in the crowd. This boat is in good shape and the crew was magnificant. We were nervous about these, but were pleasantly suprised. I will leave it at that.

We drove down from Alabama the night prior to the cruise and stayed in the Orlando Airport Marriott--we got a steal on Priceline. I would do it again. It sonly about a 30 minute More driveto the cruise terminal.

As for the ship, it was the largest boat we have been on. It was very clean, was always being cleaned, in nice shape, and there was plenty to do. I think I say this every time, but the service itself and the friendliness of those serving were better than any other cruise we have been on. We enjoyed all of our dining staff and stateroom staff. The crew is the reason we continue to cruise Carnival.

There are plenty of activities around the clock, most of which we didn't particpate in. My wife enjoyed the shows while I was in the sports bar watching football. The Comedy Club is also pretty good.

As for the Ports: Let me start off by saying...DO NOT BY ALCOHOL ON THE BOAT. I have included under the ports where the best booze deals are. If you buy in St. Thomas you can bring back 5 Liters per person instead of 1. I carried a price list from my local store, the ships price list(which the selection was limited) and compared them to the stores in port-the port stores won every time. THe boat also offers a price match guarantee, that they wouldnt match for me after we left our last port.

Embakation was very painless and very uneventful. We were late getting back into Pt. Canaveral, so we got off the bot a little late. It wasn't Carnival's fault. They made an announcement around midnight that there was a vessel in distress, which the officers found and rescued. That ordeal took about 4 hours so one hour late getting off is nothing to complain about.

Dining was what we expected Lido deck food was good and choices there include: chinese food, sandwich shop, fish and chips, several buffet lines, grille, pizza, and ice cream. The dining room food was good as usual and the service was excellent. We also ate in the supper club and that was worth the $30 per person--EXCELLENT meal.

To conclude, we will be back on Carnival, yet again. We liked the itenerary so much we are going to cruise it again on the Dream in April. Have fun and don't let the few ignorant ones with negative posts get you down. You have a LOT to look forward to. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Glory Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Glory Interior Lido 9231

Exactly what we expected....good value for the price.

Nassau isn't a bad port, especially if you have never been, but it was like our 5th time in Nassau. We didn't do much but go to the Pirate museum. It was raining and it kept us dry. Nassau isn't a great port on this itenerary because you don't have much time in port and on Sundays most of the stores are closed. I would recommend getting a tzxi and going to the "fish fry". which is just a bunch of local restaurants serving VERY good food. We didnt do it this time, but have been before. It is nearby and offers a good time. As for the booze, I would wait until St. Thomas or St. Martin.

Read 2665 Nassau Reviews

Another great time. We parasailed for $50pp and saved $60. Did a good bit of shopping again and found Johnny Walker Blue for the cheapest here($135). Some stores would also bargain on alcohol prices as well. We could have saved a few dollars on Parrot Bay, but were happy with St. Thomas deals. We also took a cab to the Sunset Beach Bar. It is located at Maho Beach. This is th place where the big jets land right over your head from over the water. My wife had 2 cokes, I had a beer, we shared a pizza and the bill was $18. There is a beautiful beach to swim or relax right there. Just so you know, most of the large planes come in after 12:30. The taxi was $20pp, but that got us beach time, a good little tour and good views of the island, and the jet experience. A LOT of fun.

We enjoyed the day there. It was beautiful. Plenty of recreational activities and shopping. We mostly shopped. This is where you need to buy at least 4 Liters of alcohol per person(duty free limit). A.H. RIISE liquors is on the main shopping street and has the largest selection you will find on the trip. Crown Royal was 2L for $30, Jose Cuervo 2 for $22, Johnny walker gold was around $55 ($70 on the boat),Grand Marnier was $25($35 on the boat), and johnny walker blue was $10 less than on the boat. They had a really good local rum Liquor that was different flavors(I bought 2 chocolate) and it was only 2 for $13. Most rums were at least a few dollars less than on the boat. Plus the boat's selection was not very good. Buy most of your booze here. We also did the skyride to Paradise Point. We met a lady up there who had been on like 15 cruises with 4 different cruise lines and was cruising Carnival for he first time. She said that for the money, she would never pay more to go on any other cruise line and that carnival had been "marvelous".

Read 2342 St. Thomas Reviews