Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by Casino Player: Triumph New England/Canada

Compare Prices on Carnival Triumph Canada & New England Cruises

Triumph New England/Canada

Sail Date: October 2009
Destination: Canada & New England
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

A little backround, it was my sixth trip to New England/Canada. This was my second seven day trip and my fourth trip to this destination with Carnival. also, my third on the Triumph.

Embarkation- This was the best it has ever been. My wife got wheelchair assistance on the ship. We got on the ship about noon and couldn't go to our stateroom until 1330 hours. we met another cruiser while boarding the ship and we continued to see them throughout the cruise. They are nice folks.

Food-Carnival food is excellent. The pizzas are the best of any cruise line. The choices you get on Carnival my wife and I think are the widest of all the cruise lines we have been on so far. So far we have been on five different cruise lines. They were really great about the anniversary cake which Carnival now charges a small charge for. We ate a lot on the Lido Deck mainly for lunch. Excellent food there too. I even ate one time with Jack. we had two nice couples with us at our table in the More main dining room we were assigned to.

Service-We experienced excellent service from the Triumph personnel. The waiters in the restaurants took my wife's walker and put it in an area we could easily get to it after the meal. Our waiters were Collin and Victor are excellent. We also had another waiter Raymond on the open seating night we were in Boston. We had Collin and Victor most days for breakfast too. Our room steward wanted to be called Chai. A shortened form of his name. He was good too. The Maitre'D was excellent so was the dining room hostess. I gave them all extra tips. They were really good.

Entertainment-They redid Music of the World a bit. That was so so. The New Orleans show was pretty good. The best part was the Hank Williams songs they did. I happen to be a Hank Williams fan. I didn't see the Motown show. That wasn't for me. The Comedians they got were somewhat disappointing. Especially the ones they had over the first few days.

The Casino-I do spend a lot of time in the casino. That is were I meet other passengers on the ship. Most people go through the Casino even if they don't stop to play. It did get frustrating because no one seemed to be able to get a winning streak going. I did manage to get a few monster rolls during the cruise. Maybe two or three.

Overall, it was a really good cruise. I look forward to going to New England/Canada again. Less

Read more Carnival Triumph cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Triumph Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Triumph

My wife wasn't feeling well by the time we got to Boston. We ended up staying on the Triumph enjoying the amenities that Carnival provides. Had a good lunch on the Lido Deck. Went into the hot tub during the afternoon. It was a good day.

Read 223 Boston Reviews

(5.5)
Halifax, my favorite place to go and I've been there more than any other place. We rode FRED to the botanical gardens. Then we stopped in the Victory Garden right across the street. We walked back toward the ship. We walked the Harbour Walk. It was a nice walk. Bought some souvenirs. Went to Tim Horton's at the Ferry Terminal. Great coffee and my wife likes their doughnuts. Walked back to the ship.

Read 353 Halifax Reviews

We went for a walk to Congress Ave in Portland. It was colder than it was last year so I wore my overcoat. Portland, Maine is a nice town and one of my favorite places. After going to Congress Ave my wife and I were cold so we wanted to get a coffee. Many coffee shops were closed for Columbus Day. Mister Bagel was open they have excellent coffee and bagels. Then we went to LL Bean and I bought a pair of warm winter gloves and a jacket to keep me warm in the cold weather.

We did try to walk to Becky's a historic restaurant featured on Rachel Ray's show one time. We never made it there this time since my wife was already tired from all the walking she did. We went back to the Triumph.

It was the one day we had rain. we walked around St. John with the Donahues. A couple we met while boarding the ship. Dave got injured at work and my wife has troubles walking so it was pretty good. Because of the rain we found some shopping malls and went to them. I found a Tim Horton's coffee shop. Went to a bank and changed some American money into Canadian money. Near the ship we had some shops so Dave and I got matching t-shirts and hats.