Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by Casino Player

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by Casino Player
Carnival Triumph
Carnival Triumph
Member Name: Casino Player
Cruise Date: October 2009
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Canada & New England
Cabin Category: Bal
See More About: Carnival Triumph Cruise Reviews | Canada & New England Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Triumph New England/Canada
A little backround, it was my sixth trip to New England/Canada. This was my second seven day trip and my fourth trip to this destination with Carnival. also, my third on the Triumph.

Embarkation- This was the best it has ever been. My wife got wheelchair assistance on the ship. We got on the ship about noon and couldn't go to our stateroom until 1330 hours. we met another cruiser while boarding the ship and we continued to see them throughout the cruise. They are nice folks.

Food-Carnival food is excellent. The pizzas are the best of any cruise line. The choices you get on Carnival my wife and I think are the widest of all the cruise lines we have been on so far. So far we have been on five different cruise lines. They were really great about the anniversary cake which Carnival now charges a small charge for. We ate a lot on the Lido Deck mainly for lunch. Excellent food there too. I even ate one time with Jack. we had two nice couples with us at our table in the main dining room we were assigned to.

Service-We experienced excellent service from the Triumph personnel. The waiters in the restaurants took my wife's walker and put it in an area we could easily get to it after the meal. Our waiters were Collin and Victor are excellent. We also had another waiter Raymond on the open seating night we were in Boston. We had Collin and Victor most days for breakfast too. Our room steward wanted to be called Chai. A shortened form of his name. He was good too. The Maitre'D was excellent so was the dining room hostess. I gave them all extra tips. They were really good.

Entertainment-They redid Music of the World a bit. That was so so. The New Orleans show was pretty good. The best part was the Hank Williams songs they did. I happen to be a Hank Williams fan. I didn't see the Motown show. That wasn't for me. The Comedians they got were somewhat disappointing. Especially the ones they had over the first few days.

The Casino-I do spend a lot of time in the casino. That is were I meet other passengers on the ship. Most people go through the Casino even if they don't stop to play. It did get frustrating because no one seemed to be able to get a winning streak going. I did manage to get a few monster rolls during the cruise. Maybe two or three.

Overall, it was a really good cruise. I look forward to going to New England/Canada again.

Publication Date: 10/21/09