Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by cruiser1014: The most honest review of the ship and ports.

cruiser1014
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Carnival Freedom Southern Caribbean Cruises

The most honest review of the ship and ports.

Sail Date: September 2009
Destination: Southern Caribbean

This was our 12th Cruise and 6th on Carnival. The price was $350 per person last minute. We booked on Tuesday and left 4 days later on Saturday. We live 175 miles away near Sarasota, Florida so it"s a easy drive. The parking at the port is $15.00 per day. You will save 50% if you use park-n-go (book on-line. They shuttle you there and back for free.

Embarking - Very easy. They have 50 or more stations to check-in.

The ship: Easy to find your way around. Very clean. Awful decor. Very loud 27ft T,V, all day but first run movies at night. It is very hard to enjoy the pool and hot tubs with all that noise. If you like nice and quiet pool and hot tub. Head to the back of the ship on Lido deck and go to the Sky Pool. No one under 18 years of age is allowed. Also that is where you will find 24 hour Pizza which is really good but ask what is fresh or wait for fresh.

Food: The first two days the food was great but went downhill from there. You can allways find More something but it's like cafeteria food. Deserts are the best. Warm Chocolate melting cake but oh my they have it every day.

Entertainment- WOW - WOW -WOW - This is what I paid my money for. Carnival has put millions of dollars into these acts. Wee Jimmy is the Cruise Director and just goes all out. Singing, dancing, concerts, and the best Beatles reunion you will ever see on the last night.

Before I tell you about the Ports I will make this suggetion. That the 6 day on this ship or the other 8 days to San juan, St.thomas etc. There is only 3 ports on this intinerary and 2 of them are very dangerous.

Ports: Cozumel - we have been there 7 times. We go downtown to a resturant "Ambar" It's a small place one block behind all the shops on the main drag. Just ask someone local "where is Ambar" they will direct you.

Limon Costa Rica - Don't bother with the Rainforest and Banana Plantaiton tour it sucked. They take you to Dole Banana plantaion and show you workers that work 8 hrs a day 6 days a week for $300.00 per month. Then take you to a river and drive for two hours looking for monkeys and sloths. Trust me it was not worth 88 bucks.

Colon Pamnama - Just stay within the shops near the ship but do not go out the gates or stay on the ship and do not go to the Free Zone. The free zone is not safe.

All I can say is for the price we paid it was really worth it but how much will you be paying? Less

Read more Carnival Freedom cruise reviews >>