Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by aaofca

Member Name: aaofca
Cruise Date: September 2009
Embarkation: Civitavecchia
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
See More About: Celebrity Equinox Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

The Amazing Equinox
This cruise was my honeymoon and my husband and I are first time cruisers. We have done quite a bit of traveling and usually stay in the finest resorts. Never have we had such a high level of service though as we enjoyed on the Equinox. We cannot stop raving about our experience. The ship is beautiful. They spared no expense, everything is of the highest quality. As I said the service is exceptional. Our room attendant Michelle was amazing. She waited on us hand and foot and every night would make creative animals out of hand towels to leave on our bed. In the morning at the buffet I was waiting in the omelette bar line. There were only a few people ahead of me but I was whisked away to a new station where I was waited on immediately and they apologized for the wait at the other one. What wait, there were only two people? But it was great and the service was like that the whole trip. Loved how after each excursion they greeted you with wet cold hand towels and fresh punch or water. Lovely touch.

The food was amazing. I don't know how they make a profit. The buffet is open morning until night. Even if the main stations are closed, they always serve pasta, pizza, and salad. I am a vegetarian and very picky and I had no problem finding food. The main dining was nice although we were usually tired from the excursions and opted for the buffet. We tried Silk Harvest, which was nice and Tuscana Grille, which was our favorite.

There's so much to do on board that we felt guilty sleeping because we wanted to try it all. The hot glass show is very cool. Two out of three performances we saw were also really entertaining. We liked the history lectures and my husband liked his bocce ball lessons. The martini bar is also a lot of fun. The pool area is also great. My only complaint is that they keep the common areas, including the solarium, freezing! Bring a sweater along. Internet also costs a fortune, even the package deals. It was expensive for my husband to stay connected to his office.

Our room on the seventh floor was perfect. The bathroom was surprisingly spacious and a lot of room to store your personal items. The bed was comfortable. Ours was right next to the veranda, which we liked. Some rooms the bed is in the middle of the room instead and the tv is near the veranda. Our friends had that setup and liked it as well. We had a ton of luggage (big suitcases too) and many souvenirs and between the closet, under the bed, and over the bed everything fit. Drawer space however was severely lacking, probably to be expected with a cruise, and I ended up half living out of one of my suitcases. Getting on and off the ship was a breeze you just insert your ship id card into the machine and are free to go.

We decided to go to the Connections Party and I'm so glad we did. We ended up meeting another couple from our city and had a great time with them on board and plan to keep in touch.

Overall we had an amazing time. Wish we were back on the ship! We look forward to cruising again with Celebrity.

I am going to write the Amalfi/Pompeii review here since there is not enough room in the port reviews section. We booked it through the ship and it was wonderful. We loved our tour guide, she was warm and very funny. The Amalfi Coast is beautiful and very scenic but the narrow roads 800 feet up in the air with another bus trying to squeeze by was a little crazy but definitely worth it. We stopped in a beautiful little town by the sea called Amalfi. It was nice but they gave us almost two hours of free time, which was too much. The lunch was great and they were very accommodating to special dietary requests. Pompeii was great too. Definitely go into the ancient brothel.

Publication Date: 10/08/09