Carnival Elation Cruise Review by me5161

Embarkation: San Diego
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Cabin Category: 6C
Cabin Number: M177
See More About: Carnival Elation Cruise Reviews | Mexican Riviera Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

CARNIVAL ELATION 10/01/09
My wife and I took a cruise on the Elation 10/1.. We found out that a $200.00 Sign and sail credit Carnival gave us was not going to be honored as they claim it was expired.. Nice.. very nice.. Boarding was ok, but after being told we could go to the room at the Boarding desk, we found we had to wait until 130pm to go to the room.. I walked down the hall and the room was readym but the staff would not let us in until 130pm.. We just flew in from Florida and wanted to catch a nap.. Not a chance.. the safety drill was a joke.. You could not hear anything. I am scared to death if there was ever a real emergency, it would be caos. Passengers were all over the place and the staff had no control of the situation what so ever.

The first night started out very nice. Shows and all the usual were great. The next morning, weather was terrible and it got worse as the day went on. Rumour was we were going through a Tropical Storm.. Couldnt g out on deck past lunch time. What a waste of money... As the evening went on, it got very bad.. Dramamine was available but it was $8.00 for 8 pills. I dont know why, but it seems like Carnival was nickel and dimeing you to death. The 2nd night was a wash as the boat was violentily rocking and you couldnt even stand up at times.. Off to bed.. Woke up the next morning in Cabo.. The sun was out.. maybe it was going to be a nice day.. We took the tender over to the marina and we did the Beach Boat and shopping tour. The boat ride to the rocks started out very nice. Got some great pics, but then the seas kicked up again and we had to get back to shore.. It was still sunny but the weather was changing. Went to the beach and they took us to a beach club for a light lunch and a couple of hours at the beach.. The place was ok and the waiter was very nice. Food was terrible.. They served some type of Quesadilla? I was dissapointed as I thought we could get some good Mexican food being in Mexico.. This was dog food at best.. We went across the walk and found a few chairs. The beach was ok, but then the street vendors hounded you one after the other to buy things.. we got changed and took the bus over to go shopping.. They took us over to the mall at the Marina.. A very nice mall, but it was empty.. Did some shopping for about an hour and headed back to the boat.. PS.. Bought to Ice cream cones at the mall - $16.00.. WOW!!!

We took the tender back to the ship and it was then we knew it was going to be a rough ride back to San Diego. We got soaked as the tender hit wave after wave. We got back to the ship and went to the room to get cleaned up for dinner. Again the ride back to San Diego was very rough, but not quite as bad as the ride down.. Decided to call it a night again. We were ready to go home.

Sunday was a nice day to start, but then it got cold and the inds picked up again.. Tried to find space on the Serenioty deck, but no luck, it was packed . Went up to the top deck and braved the wind for a while.. More then ready to go home.. Pulled into Port Monday and the offload was extremely easy.. We both decided the Pacific Cruises are not worth the money or the time.. We will not sail again with Carnival on the pacific side at least. As for the Sign and Sail Credit, that left a very bad taste for Carnival Cruise lines:(

Publication Date: 10/08/09