Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review by Great Cruise

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review by Great Cruise
Bahamas Celebration
        13-15 4.0
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Extremely Pleased!!
We traveled with a party of 20 other family members for a 95th birthday celebration. The cruise was booked several months ago without knowing about this review webs-site. I stumbled across it a month before the cruise and was petrified. Having been on 6 other cruises I had expectations, but after reading the horrific reviews was ready to walk away from the boat before ever stepping on-board. The family re-assured me that even if the cruise was a bomb (which it was anything but) that we would have a great time just being together.

Let me say this, I found everything to be superb! The wait staff was beyond friendly and hospitable, the food was better than some fine dining restaurants I've dined at (no need for the extra $ at The Cove, The Crystal was excellent), the bed was as comfortable as mine at home, and my kids (13 and 14) couldn't have been happier. The boat was very clean, I had cold air in my cabin at all times, and the water pressure and temperature were perfect in the shower. They supply a blow dryer if you ask, and if you need to have clothes ironed I reccomend bringing a hand steamer with a plug that is for European voltage (they don't have converters on the ship).

They do charge a $10 per person, per day tip charge directly to your account. In light of the reasonable rate for the cruise it doesn't blow your budget. The pool is smaller than normal, but definetely refreshing and accessible if your not looking to swim laps. The weight room is smaller than normal size ships but you can get a full head to toe workout the with state of the art equipment (I work out regularly and had a great burn after an hour in there!)

I just hope that others aren't discouraged by some of the other reviews. I'm so glad my family talked me out of "jumping ship". It would have been a real waste as I am hoping to be able to take this cruise again soon! Happy sailing!

Publication Date: 10/06/09