Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by CruisinStarFish

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by CruisinStarFish
Carnival Liberty
Dining 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Oh sweet Liberty!!
My boyfriend and I flew out of Providence to Tampa on Sept 24 and spent two fantastic nights over my dear friends house. What a great way to kick off vacation with some fun times around St. Pete to set you in the cruisin spirit. We also agree that flying down a day or so early before boarding is the key to utter relaxation and eliminates all that last minute hurried anxiety you can get from flying in on the day of.

CHECKING IN: Check in was ok. Nothing really out of the ordinary. My only complaint was all the bag handlers and the check in people. Why so crabby?! geeeez! we were snapped at by every person we encountered there. I understand they are in a hurry and are very busy but still!

ROOM: Got on board and went strait to our room to drop off things and check it out. We got in our room at about 2pm and our bags were there 20 minutes later! SWEET! Our room was great. We had a window room and was A lot larger than rooms I've had in the past. Was very clean and was kept that way twice a day. I especially loved all the sample packs in the bathroom you get and the bed, OH!! how I wish I could have packed it along with me to take home!

FOOD: Oh man, the food!! I gained about 10 lbs! I kept my belly happy. Breakfast buffet was the typical offerings of eggs, meats, and toasts. It was good, nothing to write home about. Lunch, we usually hit the deli for fresh sandwiches that were amazing and one day we did the stir fry station which was equally very good. Pre-Dinner we always went to the sushi bar and woweee was it good! we went every night to have a few rolls and wash it down with a couple shots of saki. Dinner was had in the Silver Dining room every night. Our servers were the best, great personalities and kept us entertained. We had late dining and a table for two. The food here in the dining rooms were high class top notch. The chefs really know what they are doing and use the freshest ingredients. The only thing I didn't like on the ship was the pizza at the pizza station. It tasted uncooked kinda and not even hot but, really that was my only complaint, no big deal I just went to the grill for a delicious burger instead!

BAR: We frequented the atrium pool bar ran by our pal Vinny from St. Vincents. That area was always nice and quiet. It seemed most everyone went to the main pool. This was to our advantage because when you make a bartender friend, you always get the gooood drinks if you know what I mean so we stuck with him the entire cruise and gave him a nice tip at the end. We also very much like the Martini bar. Go when Nikki is working, that girl makes the best martini and has her own recipes not listed on the ample martini list. Just tell her what you like and she will create it!

SERVICE: Top notch! everyone we encountered was pleasant and seemed to enjoy their jobs. Everyone was always there with a smile and a hello. I also very much loved the cruise director Butch, he really is the best I've had on any cruise.

Fellow passengers: I was so happy to be able to meet a few of out fellow Cruise Critic friends on the ship. We had some good times for sure and hope to keep in touch with all of them for future fun and cruises! One complaint, not having to do with them of course was there seemed to be a large group of people we came across that were full of negativity and complaints about pretty much everything. These people had no patients in the dinning room or at the bars or anywhere for that matter. All because you are on vacation and being catered to by the staff doesn't mean you need to act like spoiled brats! Take a breath, take a chill pill! it's vacation!!! sheesh!

ALL IN ALL:The weather was picture perfect, bright blue sky, puffy clouds, and calm seas the whole week. We will be back! Liberty is a gorgeous ship! We already pre-booked our next vacation while on the ship! woo hoo!!!

Publication Date: 10/06/09