Carnival Pride Cruise Review by cruisenuts4life: Cruising close to home

Cruising close to home

Sail Date: September 2009
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Baltimore

I picked this cruise because the price was right and didn't have to fly (which I hate).Have been on RC and Celebrity,this was our first Carnival.I had heard negative things about Carnival but thought I would give it a try.

Embarkation and Debarkation was a breeze they did excellent job on this,we got to port at 1:00 and was on ship by 1:30.The decor of ship is very dark didn't find that wow factor that I find on other ships,but it was ok.The food in MDR was very good,the buffet was not so good.We had rough seas on last day and the ship handled it very well.The entertainment was just OK,the first comedian was great.

Excursions were great,went to Kennedy Space Center and Atlantis.Freeport was not that great(don't know why cruise ships even go there). All and All we had a really good time,but I don't think it can compare to the other cruise lines that I have been on.

I have to agree with nurseneale in their review, I would do it again if the price drops,but would More not pay full fare for this cruise. Less

Published 10/06/09

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Pride Review >>

Compare Prices on Carnival Pride Bahamas Cruises

Cabin review: 8D6245 Balcony

It was a nice location on balcony,Lot of closet space suitcases fit under bed.

Read All Balcony (8D) Reviews >>

Wasntimpressed at all!!

Read 1041 Freeport Reviews

Absolutely loved Atlantis,we had been to Nassau 3 times before and never went to Atlantis.We got the day pass for 110.00 and spent the day there,would love to go back.We took ferry over for $3.00 per person,and took cab back.It has 3 or 4 pools,beach,aquarium,water slides and casino.Worth every penny!!

Read 3954 Nassau Reviews

We enjoyed the space center didn't realize how big it is.You really need a full day to see everything.Would highly recommend seeing it.

Compare Prices on Carnival Pride Bahamas Cruises

cruisenuts4life
Member Since 2008
787 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X