Carnival Pride Cruise Review by cruisenuts4life: Cruising close to home

Cruising close to home

Sail Date: September 2009
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Baltimore

I picked this cruise because the price was right and didn't have to fly (which I hate).Have been on RC and Celebrity,this was our first Carnival.I had heard negative things about Carnival but thought I would give it a try.

Embarkation and Debarkation was a breeze they did excellent job on this,we got to port at 1:00 and was on ship by 1:30.The decor of ship is very dark didn't find that wow factor that I find on other ships,but it was ok.The food in MDR was very good,the buffet was not so good.We had rough seas on last day and the ship handled it very well.The entertainment was just OK,the first comedian was great.

Excursions were great,went to Kennedy Space Center and Atlantis.Freeport was not that great(don't know why cruise ships even go there). All and All we had a really good time,but I don't think it can compare to the other cruise lines that I have been on.

I have to agree with nurseneale in their review, I would do it again if the price drops,but would More not pay full fare for this cruise. Less

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Pride Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Pride Balcony Empress 6245

It was a nice location on balcony,Lot of closet space suitcases fit under bed.

Wasntimpressed at all!!

Read 771 Freeport Reviews

(5.5)
Absolutely loved Atlantis,we had been to Nassau 3 times before and never went to Atlantis.We got the day pass for 110.00 and spent the day there,would love to go back.We took ferry over for $3.00 per person,and took cab back.It has 3 or 4 pools,beach,aquarium,water slides and casino.Worth every penny!!

Read 2608 Nassau Reviews

We enjoyed the space center didn't realize how big it is.You really need a full day to see everything.Would highly recommend seeing it.