Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review by Karena110: Very Good Experience

Member Since 2009

Very Good Experience

Sail Date: October 2009
Destination: Bahamas

I went with a girlfriend for "girl's weekend". It was her first cruise - my second. All the "bad" reviews that I read prior to leaving would have had anyone scared to go on the cruise. Yes, it is a renovated ferry, but I couldn't tell that from the inside - and barely from the outside. Listen people....you paid as little as $199 for a 2/3 night cruise and you're complaining about the cabin being small, or the food not being quite up to 5-star quality - what is the matter with you!!! The trip is what you make of it. We had a wonderful time. Loved Clinton and Orville - bartenders at the TIKI BAR. Our cabin stewart, JIB, was very kind and helpful. Shows at night were okay - but we weren't in Vegas. The comedian - I would try to spell his name, but I'm sure I'd butcher it - he's the only comedian - so it won't be hard to figure who I'm talking about.....he was very funny. The singer impressionist was fair. The cruise director could have had a little more "up-beat" attitude, but maybe More that's his style. It didn't cause us to have a horrible time. There was PLENTY of activity to do on the ship - although - we went at a time when the passenger count was only 400+ - so having enough people to participate in the activities was the hardest part. Food was decent - we ate in the Crystal Room twice and once in the Rio. Usually had late night food from the Italian place. Didn't have a bad meal - even at the buffet - which we ate for lunch two times. I would definitely take the cruise again. YOu can't go wrong for the price. And as I said previously - any vacation is what you make of it, so if you were miserable on this cruise, it's your own fault. A couple words of advise - you'll need a converter to plug in your hair dryer/curling iron. The ship is 220V. They have converters on the ship - we ended up getting one in our room when saw that my curling iron had melted from plugging it in to just and adapter plug - WRONG. My mistake - live and learn.

Secondly - The pool - it IS definitely small - don't look to do any kind of actual swimming in it - but be aware....it is GLASS - everyone on the outside and see what you do!!!! It was amazing how many people forgot that. We had some good laughs though.

8110 - double bed - two people. Would hate to have had more people in the room and had to of used the upper berths. Not sure how someone would have fit in the bed below. Could have used DRAWER space. There was an empty space behind the cabin door that could have used some shelving - not sure what other passengers have used it for. Bathroom was quite spacious. Good enough for two people - think room would be cramped for more than that. Would ask for that room again - central location to most things. Less

Read more Bahamas Celebration cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Bahamas Celebration Review >>

Cabin review: Bahamas Celebration 8110

First time visit to Bahamas. I wasn't all that impressed with it. Maybe if it was my first CARRIBEAN Island I had been to, but because I've been to Aruba, St Maarten, St Thomas - you can't compare beaches. We did go to Cable Beach - The Sheraton Resort Island Excursion. The resort was nice. We chose the package that included lunch - not sure it was worth it - might be nicer to eat at one of the local establishments after a day at the beach. The vendors in the straw market were kind of pushy, but once you let them know you're not interested, they go away - not overly aggressive. We had a good time none the less. I would only return to the Bahamas if it were on this cruise again.

Read 2629 Nassau Reviews