Sapphire Princess Cruise Review by truckerdude

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Sapphire Princess Cruise Review by truckerdude
Sapphire Princess
Sapphire Princess
Member Name: truckerdude
Cruise Date: September 2009
Embarkation: Vancouver
Destination: U.S.A.
Cabin Category: ee
See More About: Sapphire Princess Cruise Reviews | U.S.A. Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+

What a way to Honeymoon!
My Wife and I have never been on a cruise before and decided that this just might be an option for our honeymoon. How can I sum up our experience? In one word, WOW, or maybe Fantastic. I guess one a word description just might be a little to hard to do. The first surprise we received was a complimentary upgrade. With having a limited budget, and really wanting to try the cruise, we booked ourselves into an class ee cabin "P208", which was an ocean view stateroom on the lowest stateroom level (5th or Plaza) on the ship. Upon checking in, we discovered that we had been assigned to stateroom A208 which was on the 12th or "Aloha" deck on the ship, with a balcony. I have no idea what class that is.

We sailed from Vancouver, BC, Canada on the Sapphire Princess for a 3 night coastal to Los Angeles. We were "warned" that the coastals are not a great introduction to cruising as there are not any port stop overs, and the waters are generally rougher. Well, if this was a poor introduction to cruising, bring on the best. My wife and I were so impressed with the cruise, that we are already planning to take our next one with our kids next year. Not just a little 3 night either, we are thinking of a 17 day transit from Vancouver to Fort Lauderdale, or the 10 day Vancouver to Hawaii.

The staff on the Sapphire Princess surprised us by posting balloons (that read "Honeymoon")outside our stateroom door, the first night. The second night we were sent a congratulations wish from the Maitre D' hotel with a gift certificate, which entitled us to a special dessert and serenade in the dining room, and a congratulation card from the Captain of the Ship.

I could go on and on about how great the service, how friendly the staff, and everything else that we discovered on the cruise was. Instead, I would like to say Thank you for letting me tell you how much I enjoyed meeting so many nice people (especially the couple that told us about "Cruise Critic"), and I will be happily looking forward to next years "real" cruise.

Publication Date: 10/04/09