Carnival Glory 5

Goldmoon
Member Since 2008
223 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Finding the Dock was Extremely easy, getting to the parking garage was a little crazy, they kept directing us to where to drop baggage, but after that it was a snap. The check in process was easy and quick. While waiting they did some performances and announcements, just indicative of a fun cruise. Boarding was very quick and painless, even though we aren't platinum members yet. Our rooms weren't ready, as we got there early (a lot of people had that idea), but food was already being prepared on the lido deck. I had heard comments about Glory looking old and worn.. but I found it looked great. For the traffic it goes through, the upkeep is very well done. We had a balcony for our first time and although it says its the same footage, it seems larger, the bed was extremely comfortable, as were the pillows. The bathroom was much larger than the Princess I had been on before, storage good. Our room steward was excellent, always friendly, kept our room great.

Our dining More room server was Rudi.. he was great. Our first night there though.. we ordered deserts.. I ordered one, my husband said me too, our friend said me three... lol... my husband got 2 and our friend got 3... so no more slang.. But he had a great sense of humor, our food was always hot, and so very patient and fast. I thought the food in the dining room was outstanding, as always the chocolate melting cake is to die for. The Buffet was also outstanding.. much different than the Fantasy which I was also on, much better I have to say, and something different was served on each side of the buffet, which was different than the Fantasy, which I enjoyed. They had a chocolate buffet which if you like chocolate, you mustn't miss.

The entertainment was good. I enjoyed the musicians. One group, Souldrive, though while an excellent band took 30-45 minute breaks.. none of the others did. We saw some of the comedians they were good, and went to some of the shows and enjoyed them. All the crew and members that worked there were very friendly with the exception of one or two who just couldn't ruin the cruise, and was such a minority, because everyone else was.

Disembarkation was amazingly easy, if seemingly long of course. We left our carry off in the room and went up and had breakfast in the dining room and then went back down to get our carry on/off. Then went down to wait in the areas posted. They have a suitcase drop similar to an airline which made it very nice finding your baggage than the long room trying to find your baggage. I loved it and cannot wait to go back. Less

Carnival Glory Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: September 2009
Embarkation: Port Canaveral (Orlando)
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Balcony

8B6391
Although with the location of our room, we had no noise from below. The laundry was enough down the hallway that we had no noise from that. The noise we had everyone gets too loud people in the hallways, but not too often, and a noisy neighbor. Our balcony was great with a good view, the room much larger than expected, nice sized closets and bathroom.

Beautiful island and beaches, but need to explore more. Was with aunt/girlfriend and her new husband celebrating their first anniversary and they didn't want to do any exploring.. Next time much more than just shopping.
Read 4029 Nassau Reviews

I loved the shopping here, loved looking around and the water taxi was so different and unlimited rides if you need to go back to the boat... watch that you get the right one though. The water and beaches were so nice, and would love to go back.

Beautiful island but didn't get to do much but shop. Did try a drink called a voo doo.. something.. served in a bucket.. wicked...
Read 3389 St. Thomas Reviews

Published 10/01/09

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Glory Review

Carnival Glory Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?