Carnival Glory Cruise Review by Goldmoon

Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Cabin Category: 8B
Dining 5+

Can't Wait To Go Again
Finding the Dock was Extremely easy, getting to the parking garage was a little crazy, they kept directing us to where to drop baggage, but after that it was a snap. The check in process was easy and quick. While waiting they did some performances and announcements, just indicative of a fun cruise. Boarding was very quick and painless, even though we aren't platinum members yet. Our rooms weren't ready, as we got there early (a lot of people had that idea), but food was already being prepared on the lido deck. I had heard comments about Glory looking old and worn.. but I found it looked great. For the traffic it goes through, the upkeep is very well done. We had a balcony for our first time and although it says its the same footage, it seems larger, the bed was extremely comfortable, as were the pillows. The bathroom was much larger than the Princess I had been on before, storage good. Our room steward was excellent, always friendly, kept our room great.

Our dining room server was Rudi.. he was great. Our first night there though.. we ordered deserts.. I ordered one, my husband said me too, our friend said me three... lol... my husband got 2 and our friend got 3... so no more slang.. But he had a great sense of humor, our food was always hot, and so very patient and fast. I thought the food in the dining room was outstanding, as always the chocolate melting cake is to die for. The Buffet was also outstanding.. much different than the Fantasy which I was also on, much better I have to say, and something different was served on each side of the buffet, which was different than the Fantasy, which I enjoyed. They had a chocolate buffet which if you like chocolate, you mustn't miss.

The entertainment was good. I enjoyed the musicians. One group, Souldrive, though while an excellent band took 30-45 minute breaks.. none of the others did. We saw some of the comedians they were good, and went to some of the shows and enjoyed them. All the crew and members that worked there were very friendly with the exception of one or two who just couldn't ruin the cruise, and was such a minority, because everyone else was.

Disembarkation was amazingly easy, if seemingly long of course. We left our carry off in the room and went up and had breakfast in the dining room and then went back down to get our carry on/off. Then went down to wait in the areas posted. They have a suitcase drop similar to an airline which made it very nice finding your baggage than the long room trying to find your baggage. I loved it and cannot wait to go back.

Publication Date: 10/01/09