Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by fenway77: Not a Good Review

Compare Prices on Norwegian Dawn Canada & New England Cruises

Not a Good Review

Sail Date: September 2009
Destination: Canada & New England
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

My wife and I have been on a number of cruises, but this is the first time on Norwegian. In the past we have primarily cruised on Celebrity, Princess, and Holland America. We looked at all the reviews and thought "why not try Norwegian". To begin, what we are looking for in a cruise is a decent cabin, good entertainment, a good dining experience, and interesting ports to visit.

Dining experience--The food on the Dawn was not nearly the quality that we are used to on the other cruise lines we have sailed on. One night we were excited that we would be having lobster--it was tough and really had no taste. How can you ruin lobster? We enjoy a relaxed dining experience on cruises. You will not get that on the Dawn unless you go to one of their restuarants where you pay extra. On other cruise lines you got to know the people who serve you--you do not get that experience on Norwegian as you have someone different each night.

Cabin--it seemed smaller than other lines--my More wife and I were constantly bumping into each other. The toilet area was particularly small.

Entertainment was very good--especially those who sang in areas around ship after the evening shows. "Fire and Ice" was exceptionally good. Less

Read more Norwegian Dawn cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Dawn Review >>

A delightful port. We went on the Acadia National Park tour which included a lobster bake. This lobster was exceptionally good. The Park was beautiful with views of all the islands that surround this location. The view and ride up Cadillac Mountain was very interesting

We have been to Boston before so we saw nothing new. The Duck ride on the river was interesting. I wish we had taken the Concord/Lexington tour which would have been more educational.

Read 222 Boston Reviews

We took a city and harbor tour --all in all not very interesting. They should consider ending this port

Read 349 Halifax Reviews

We did not go ashore as my wife and I were not feeling well. We had been to Newport before and toured some of the mansions which was very interesting. It's amazing to see how the much money people will spend to try and outdo each other.

Read 125 Newport Reviews

We took a tour of the city and harbor. More interesting than Halifax especially the Bay of Fundy and the tide changes that allows the bay to flow up river a distance of 80 miles.