Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by shamrock58: Don't Get Much Better than this

Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sky Western Caribbean Cruises

Don't Get Much Better than this

Sail Date: September 2009

Having travelled on Carnival Sensation on the same route I can really compare the 2. Truthfully there wasn't a lot between them. Food excellent on both, entertainment excellent on both but were NCL has it was with there embarkation and disembarkation, and their staff definitely had the edge. Embarkation went smoothly enough on both cruses, but disembarkation on NCL was a far better experience for a European traveller. On Carnival we had to get up really early on the day we were leaving (way before our American relatives), and queue for an age to get through emigration on the ship, with NCL we were allowed to leave the ship at our own pace, no set time as long as it was before 10pm. Much more pleasant experience.

The food on Sky was great. We ate in Crossings 2 nights, buffet 1 night and Cagneys on our last night. No complaints from me about any of the food which was plentiful. On lobster night my nephew had 6 tails, which was no trouble for the waiter We also ate More breakfast in Crossings on 2 mornings and buffet on the other 2. On our first morning we had roomservice, coffee, tea and fruit which was wonderful.

The 2 for 1 martini's were out of this world and left us feeling that way on at least 3 nights. The bartender Aan deserves a special mention. Ask him for a creamcicle which he made for us (after we gave him the recipe). Enjoy. Our pool waiter Eric also deserves a special mention. The service and his pleasant manner are second to none.

The only negative is the size of the stateroom. Very small, but if you separate the beds you get way more room. We had an inside stateroom on Sky and an outside room on Sensation and I don't think there was a lot of difference. This would not put me of NCL but I will have an outside stateroom next time and there will be a next time.

All in all, wonderful time. Can't wait for the next one. Early morning call hilarious. Just listen out at approx 8.15am

One thing Carnival did better were the shops. I'm a shopaholic so these little things matter to me. Sad I know but each to their own. Less

Read more Norwegian Sky cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Sky Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Sky 9336

9336 quiet cabin, but there was a strange unpleasant smell coming from the bathroom. Cruise too short to waste time complaining just learned to live with it, but it was quite bad at times.