Carnival Valor Cruise Review by gertiesmom

Cruise Date: September 2009
Public Rooms 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Great trip on the Valor
I really enjoyed our cruise on the Carnival Valor. Traveling with my husband & I was my best friend and her husband. We had adjoining outside cabins on the Riviera Deck.

Our cabin steward was fantastic. On the 2nd night I had used a band-aid and he noticed the band-aid wrapper on the floor and left us a handful of band-aids in the mouth of our towel animal! When he would see me walking down the hallway with my hands full he would open our door for me.

We had the late dining in the Washington dining room. For the entire cruise, except the last night, our server was fantastic. On the last night she didn't smile once and I waited 30 minutes for a glass of iced tea. My friends husband waited even longer for a cup of coffee, and when he reminded her about it she said "When I have time" and rolled her eyes and walked away. I am sure she was probably having a bad day because our service was great the rest of the time.

Scarletts: totally awesome! My husband actually finished the 24 oz porterhouse so he got his picture taken with the head chef and a ship on a stick! I ordered the rack of lamb and it was fabulous! I can honestly say it was the best dinner I have ever had!

We only went to 1 show which was the juggling show. My husband loved it! I thought it was good entertainment, but I didn't like it as much as he did. We played bingo a few times, of course we didn't win, but it was still fun!

We did Carnival excursions in 3 of the 4 ports we went to. In Grand Cayman we did the barrier reef snorkel. It was okay, but not the best snorkeling.

In Isla Roatan, we sis our own thing and got a cab for a personal tour if the island. It was really good, but started to feel unsafe after we noticed guards everywhere carrying machine guns. I probably wouldn't do that again, but it was a great experience.

In Belize, we did the Barrier Reef snorkel at Turneffe, with a beach break. it was great snorkeling, and after snorkeling we were all given complimentary Rum Punch. Warning: the Rum Punch is VERY strong! Then we went to Bannister Island which was great! Loved this excursion!

In Cozumel, we did the Mayan Ruins of Tulum excursion. Loved this too! It was REALLY hot there but it was still fabulous!

Publication Date: 09/29/09