Carnival Legend Cruise Review by Rhitson88

Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Legend IS a Legend
Me (21) and my girlfreind (22) just got back from this cruise. Left out on 09/20 and returned 9/27. It was my girlfreind's first cruise. I had cruised before, but it was my first where I actually had to do everything because every time before was with parents. We also cruised with her father and a girl freind of his. We all live in Tampa so didn't need to do anything to get there. That was a big factor as to why we picked this cruise. My girlfreind's brother brought us to the port around 10:30 and we arrived at 11:00. We didn't have to wait really at all, and the process was quick and simple. On the ship by 11:45.

Once on board as I am sure you heard before, you are unable to go straight to your room so we found a table up on the Lido deck and while my girlfreind's father saved the table, me and her went to get something to eat. I do not remember what I ate. Alot of food causes for this to happen haha. At about 1:30 on the dot, Jen Baxter (cruise director) came onto the intercom and said we were allowed to go to our room. So by that time we were done eating but were walking around to try and look at as much as possible. Which we still never managed to do haha. My room was 1222, an oceanview which is a pretty big window I must say. Extremely larger than I thought we would have had. My girlfreind's dad had a balcony so we checked that out and it seemed nice. Not sure if we would pay extra money for it or not. Our room was decent size. My gf was a bit dissappointed by the room but after our next cruise she will see that the room was actually a good size.

Once in the room for a little while we were directed to go to the "mandatory" muster drill which we dodged as long as we could in the room until the room steward just opened the door and demanded that we go. Which is understandable considering they could probably get in alot of trouble. I just had been to plenty before and they are NOT entertaining. But it was just a few minutes and we were back to the room. Once back in the room we put our clothes away and were off to explore the ship again. The ship was a good size but I never seemed lost. At first of course, but like anything, you have to get used to your surroundings. Before we knew it, 4 rolled around and we were ready for sail off! Unfortunately it rained, we stayed out as long as we could but it just started raining to hard so we went in cover and weren't able to watch us go under the sunshine skyway bridge which I am sure is cool.

We had late dining which was good for us cause we don't like to feel rushed and it was right before the shows so we just went from there to the shows and were able to catch them all with ease. "KJ" & "Sudi" were our waitors and were the best ever!! Always getting us whatever we needed, I got 2 ceasar salads every night and they never forgot. Also, I always had a soda waiting for me when we got to dinner. We bought the drink card for like 32 bucks each which I am not to sure if it was such a great deal cause we drank alot of juice. But oh well.

The shows were awesome! I have seen alot of people on here complaining about alot of stuff and I just choose not to do that. So every show WAS good if not great! I had my own little bar guy who would order my drinks from at the show. Order the "Kiss on the Lips". It may sound feminine or whatever but I am not the type to get completely smashed anyways. But it does contain liquor and you cannot taste it at all, it's soooo good. Got one at every show. 5 bucks or something which isn't bad.

The places we went are Grand Cayman (Expensive), Cozumel (Fun), Belize (Did not get off), and Isla Roatan (The BEST).

In Grand Cayman we went to the Turtle Farm which is pretty cool because they let you hold the sea turtles, and then you can swim in thier fresh water pool that has like a glass wall that contains sharks and stuff and they will come right up to the glass. We just bought the tickets directly through the company (Boatswains) and then took a taxi over there. Was a bit cheaper and we had a good time so didn't need to go to all these other places. Plus you can't swim if you take one of those tours.

In Cozumel we went to a beach resort which at the moment I can't remember the name. For like $16 you get to use a chair, and use MOST OF thier water stuff. So do not go thinking you get everything for the $16. Even if it says it in the description. The little mexicans will fight with you and tell you that you need a higher priced wristband which is not true but whatever. After the resort we did some shopping. Be prepared to hear the mexican shopkeepers lines of "come see what I have, just for the hell of it." HAHA, Classic!

We did not get off at Belize because you had to take a tender and it was raining basically all day so from what I heard it wasn't even worth it.

In Isla Roatan we went to another resort where we went snorkelling and layed out to get some sun. We tryed snorkeling but my girlfreind didn't like it to much so that ended early for us. But the guy said we wouldn't have to pay if she didn't like it. BUT we did. Oh well though it was $15 a person which wasn't bad considering you got taken out on a boat. We only got to be on the island until 2:15 which kinda stunk but it's fine. Below I will rate what I thought about the whole trip in different categories. Remember this is just my opinion.

Ship cleanliness: 8/10

Crew Service: 9/10

Steward: 10/10

Food: 8/10 (It was all good but some of it was unrecognizable which I didn't like to much. But the food was great.)

Stay away from the casino if you do not like smoke. It gets EXTREMELY smokey in the evening. I won some money but squandered it away. Only played a few times at $10 a time.

We played BINGO alot and you should consider this over playing the slots. MUCH BETTER chance to win. I won twice!! And won over $200!!!! You will probably NOT win that in the casino. But hey, anything can happen.

The debarkation process was quick and easy as well. We were in group 16 so that allowed us to get off between 9:15-9:45. I seriously considered hiding, BUT didn't haha. We had a 3 year old daughter waiting for us and today is her birthday.

I ust say as well, alot of people say the cruise director was kind of annoying. She DID come on intercom alot but I kinda drain her out if its not something I wanna hear. It's not hard to do, but I guess if you make it a point to listen everytime so that you can bad mouth her when you write your review then it would get annoying.

Publication Date: 09/29/09