Norwegian Star Cruise Review by DeWSkog

Cruise Date: September 2009
Embarkation: Seattle
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: SE
See More About: Norwegian Star Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals

The Suite Life
We live 50 miles from Seattle. We were dropped off at the dock around 1pm. We were traveling with my Husband's Dad, Step-Mother and Step-Brother. This was our first trip to Alaska.

We did a Meet and Greet with Cruise Critic members. We met a lot of the staff at the Meet and Greet.

Since we we in a suite we went to the VIP line and were immediately treated to the Suite life. Now we are extremely spoiled and can not consider a non-suite for the future. Our suite was just under the bridge facing forward. A great way to see Alaska. We were treated very well by all the employees.

On Saturday we were one of the chosen for the Newlywed not so Newlywed Game in the lounge. What a hoot! We became instant celebs and people stopped us all week telling us how much them enjoyed us. Ray, the Cruise Director gave us a video copy of the show.

I had a couple of bad experiences. Not caused by NCL or their employees but other people. It is amazing to me how rude some people can be. I believe some people think that they can be rude because there is not chance they will

ever see you again. I know I shouldn't let 3 rude people out weigh all the other wonderful people.

The Alaskan air, scenery, excursions were great. We didn't see many animals. Just a pod of dolphins, a seal and a couple of eagles in the distance.

Some of the meals could have been improved on. Some items were overcooked in my opinion. Dry omelets, yuck.

On our last day we had gale force winds and my stomach did not handle the rocking well. We would still do the trip again. Perhaps earlier in the year.

We didn't get to go all the way into see the Glacier. It looks like it was because of a large amount of icebergs just before the last turn. What we did see was wonderful. We didn't miss a thing from our front row seat.

Last but not least, we signed up for NCL's deal for a future cruise. $250 down payment on a cruise in the next 4 years that gives you a $100 cruise credit on the current cruise. So just off the boat I am planning my next cruise! Dreaming again!

Publication Date: 09/22/09