Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by kchen

Caribbean Princess
Caribbean Princess
Member Name: kchen
Cruise Date: September 2009
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Canada & New England
Cabin Number: D625
See More About: Caribbean Princess Cruise Reviews | Canada & New England Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Member Rating   Not Rated
Embarkation Not Rated
Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Fabulous celebration
We just finished sailing on a most fabulous cruise. We were expecting something terrible as we read some very disheartening reviews, but from the moment we were greeted in the cruise terminal to our disembarkation almost everything went without a hitch. You see we had cruised on the Regent Seven Seas to Alaska and expected that we would never enjoy a cruise as much as that one, I am glad we were wrong. The service was exceptional and my family was scattered about the ship in different grades of cabins and yet we all had similar experiences. Great cabin stewards, wonderful waitstaff and everyone was helpful to a fault. I only have a few minor complaints and those I had to really think hard to come up with. The food was very, very, good. The bread and baked goods were superb, the physical beauty of the ship was excellent and everything was clean and in order. Carpets and furnishings all appeared new and undamaged. The fruits on the buffet were fresh and ripe and bananas were always available. You can even order fruit for your room if you want. We didn't partake of room service, but I am sure it was excellent. There wasn't anything you could ask for without receiving a pleasant response and a can do attitude. The exercise facility was clean and large, the spa was wonderful, as were the pools and the movie under the stars. The entertainment was better than most ships I have been on in the past 2 years (6 cruises) and the theatre was beautiful and well equipped with the latest technology. We were on the ship by noon on the day of embarkation with our mini suite ready and waiting. We were off the ship as we chose the walk off option and we were in our car by 8 A.M. and on the way home. There was only one glitch the whole time and that involved a bit of a hassle getting off the ship one day. For some reason only one gangway was opened and we were in one of two lines that snaked around the ship for what seemed to be miles. I think it took 20 - 25 minutes to walk off the boat. We brought our own wine onboard which a stated option mentioned in the Princess cruise guide and we were surprised to find that it wasn't a big deal. Our wine was much better than most the ship served and they only charged a $15.00 fee to uncork the bottles. My only other complaint would have to be the orange juice, which seemed rather watery. Other than that I have to say everything seemed topnotch. Please go and enjoy this beautiful, well run ship and her excellent crew!

Publication Date: 09/22/09