Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by Island Boy Cruiser

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by Island Boy Cruiser
Carnival Miracle
Carnival Miracle
Member Name: Island Boy Cruiser
Cruise Date: September 2009
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Cabin Category: 9A
Value-for-Money 5+

Carnival Miracle from NYC - Recommended!
This is my 11th cruise on Canival and we loved it! We got engaged on our last cruise (Feb. 09 on the Carnival Freedom), so at least this time there were no "jitters". This was the first time leaving from NYC. No airfare and Amtrak was only $70.00 round trip (per person).

Embarkation - no issues - we had the VIP treatment, due to the number of cruises that we have done. We were on board by 12:30 P.M., eating lunch and having the drink of the day! The Miracle - tastfully decorated. Lot's of color and blown glass. I have been on the Spirit and the Legend so I knew the layout.

The Room - we usually get a category 11 with a military rate. there was no military rate this time so we went with a category 9A, room 7299. I was a little nervous because finding pictures of a 9A can be tricky. I have some and will try to post them. The room was great. Very roomy, plenty of closet space and the balcony was just as big as the category 11. Bathroom was smaller than the category 11, but was still done in tile and was very spacious. We were right next to the elevators and never (I mean never) heard them! We were 4 decks above the restaurant, so you could smell the food from time to time.

The islands - we visited Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, and Nassau.

The food - very good. Nice selection in the dining room and in the buffet area. Nick and Nora's Supper Club was outstanding! The food and service was out of this world. The service - our room steward (Budi) was fabulous! We introduced himself the first day and called us by name everytime he saw us. The room and towels were always made up and in stock. Our head waiter (Earl) was very good too, but he never learned any of our names. My only issue with the dining room was that the head waiters don't seem to have Ass't waiters anymore. They seemed to be stretched a little to thin. The bar staff and waitress were also outstanding (Savatlana was #1).

The entertainment - very good comedians, magicians, and ventriloquists. The dance club was fun too. However, the last few cruises I have been on the Piano Bar player has been terrible. This is usually a fun hang out, but yikes, Carnival needs to get a musician with a pulse. Too many slow, droopy songs played over and over and over. The bands were very good too, big props to Double Cross, a band from PA that had 35 peeps with them - they played twice and were great! The Cruise Director, Malcolm (in the middle yoo-hoo) was very, very good. Energetic, introduced himself to everyone, and tried to get as many people involved as possible in all of the events.

Overall - great cruise - great staff - would do it again!

Halfmoon Cay - Private Island

Outstanding Beach and some of the best water I have ever seen! Free

chairs for the beach and all of the watersports for a reasonable fee.

Free lunch on the beach too! A great beach bar that took the sail and

sign card (SWEET).

We swam and feed the stingrays here. Very fun. Was able to hold a

Starfish, Conch, and Sea Cucumber too! The staff was very friendly,

energetic, and interactive.

I would go back here in a minute.

Publication Date: 09/15/09