Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by ebonniekins

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by ebonniekins
Carnival Splendor
Carnival Splendor
Member Name: ebonniekins
Cruise Date: September 2009
Embarkation: Los Angeles
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Cabin Category: 1A

Splendorific time on the Splendor!
I had the pleasure of travelling on the Carnival Splendor the week of 09/06//09. Embarkation was a little confusing as there were tons of us trying to get on the ship, however once you finally got in the right lines, everything went smoothly and rather quickly. Once on board, I was able to make my way up to the Lido Deck for some lunch (yummy) and able to check into my room by about 2:30. My room was a category 1A which was a inside cabin with two portholes. Now seeing as I had my own room, let me just say this room was very spacious. It had one twin bed and one convertible couch. LOVED IT! The only drawback to my room was that when at port, you heard the anchor being lowered and let me tell you it was LOUD!!! Once I got over the initial shock of thinking there was a truck in my room, you kind get use to it and go on with your business but man it is loud. Otherwise my room was awesome!

The food was amazing. So many choices, so little time. The drinks were a little bit more expensive on this cruise then in my previous ones so I limited myself greatly, but when I did partake, they were nice and strong.

The staff, wow, they were great. My cabin steward Muhammad was fabulous and so very sweet. I swear I would leave my room for like 20 mins and by the time I came back my room was spotless. My dining room waiter Zeljko and his team Petar and Roy were awesome! Zeljko put up with a table of eight people and how it did it was beyond me. The photography team Flautivus, Deliia, Reddy, Daniel, Ramond and Istvan were great! So very patient and so sweet. Druscilla who was in the coffee bar always had the biggest smile on her face every time I saw her and man she worked some long hours. Johnson over in the casino was a riot and every time I saw him he too had a smile and was always on the go. See told ya great staff!!!

There were hardly ever any lines for the buffet and if so they went fairly quick and you never had to search for a seat on any of the decks. Make sure to check out deck 3 as its nice and quiet and it has chairs as well. I loved that there were two adult areas, one in the front and one in the back. Also loved the fact that the pool and hot tubs stayed open from 8am to 11:45pm. I don't remember that on the other ships.

I met some fabulous new friends from Cruise Critics. The critics that were on the 09/06/09 cruise were awesome and I look forward to cruising with them again real soon.

The ports were really nice and very HOT! The locals did try constantly to get you to buy something but that is like that with every port. Although I didn't do any excursions, I did have a great time exploring and shopping.

The shows on the boat were pretty good. Definitely check them out if you can. The captains reception, the past guest reception, and the surprise reception was very nice. Free drinks and finger food. What more could I ask for.

Disembarkation was quick and painless as I did self assist. I was off the boat in less than 30 minutes and that is from the time I left my cabin for the last time til I was actually out front waiting for a cab. Not bad if I do say so myself.

All in all I had a great vacation and look forward to visiting the Splendor again real soon.

Publication Date: 09/14/09