Carnival Pride Cruise Review by cruisenp

Carnival Pride
Member Name: cruisenp
Cruise Date: August 2009
Embarkation: Baltimore
See More About: Carnival Pride Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

A good time on the Pride
This was our first Carnival cruise, having sailed RCCL last year (Grandeur). It was our children's first (14 and 8 y/o girls). We had a great time and would sail with Carnival again, and on the Pride again. At first, I found the layout of the ship somewhat confusing, but eventually got the hang of it. Our room was great. Bigger than that on RCCL and with a much better bathroom. I didn't take my life into my own hands shaving my legs everyday, a big plus. This was our first balcony and I do not think we will ever be without one again. Our cabin steward, Daniel, was great and much more attentive than on RCCL.

I was somewhat disappointed in the food. Breakfast buffet on RCCL MUCH better than on the Pride. Lunch in the Mermaid Grill was ok. I really enjoyed the Asian station and usually got most of my lunch there. The Mermaid Grill itself is laid out poorly and difficult to maneuver with kids. We did dinner (6:00) in the Normandie every night except for one. Carlos, Svetlana, and Supawee were excellent!! I cannot speak highly enough of them. I think they are definitely one of my kids' favorite parts. We were not very impressed with the choices of food, especially for vegetarian meals. The food was not bad, but just ok. Chocolate Melting Cake was to die for! I miss it already.

My girls did spend a lot more time than either of them thought they would in their respective kid's groups (Camp Carnival 6-8 and Circle C 12-14). They really enjoyed the activities and the other children. My older daughter has already been on Facebook with some of her new cruise friends.

We went to the 8:45 shows every night except the last night. Loved the juggler and hypnotist! The ventriloquist was good, but I did not think he was very funny. We walked out of the comedian show a few nights into the cruise (AA). I found him very offensive, especially for 8:45 when there were a lot of children at the shows. The musical shows weren't Broadway, but we didn't expect them to be and we really enjoyed them.

At Grand Turk, we did the catamarand and snorkel excursion and had a ball. The captain actually gave us an extra hour because a storm came through while we were snorkeling. The captain and crew were great. I highly recommend this trip. I got the last cabana for Half Moon Cay (we boarded in Zone 11). This is definitely the way to go. Half Moon Cay was beautiful and we had a great day. We did Atlantis through Comfort Suites, again, this is the way to go. In Freeport, we only shopped at the pier, so I cannot offer any more info.

I hope that helps anyone lucky enough to be going on the Pride soon. Have a wonderful time!

Publication Date: 09/14/09