Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by caryn: 30th Birthday Celebration

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sky Bahamas Cruises

30th Birthday Celebration

Sail Date: August 2009
Destination: Bahamas

Had a good time but the main reason I am writing the review is to give a heads up to folks that our experience in the dining room was disappointing. I really like the personalized service of having the same server but more so, we found the servers to be just plain rude without "finer-dining" serving skills. We felt that they didn't like us coming at a later time but if they advertise that a dining room closes at 10 or 10:30 then arriving at 9:30 should not be a problem, right? If you do eat late and therefore leave your room late, your room might not be cleaned that night. After recovering from the party excursion by taking naps we left for dinner a little after 9:30... our room was a MESS and was not cleaned that night. Also, there was melted chocolate on my sheets that wasn't changed the next time the room was cleaned - there is no way he didn't see it, he just chose not to change our sheets. The embarkation staff were wonderful since my friend didn't have proper More documentation and had to find a way to join the cruise late. They were very sympathetic and very helpful. I was really impressed with how they handled the situation. The cruise director wouldn't say happy birthday to my friend at the South Beach party because he said lots of people were celebrating and he couldn't say something to everyone. I was a little put off by his response. Of course lots of people are celebrating but what's the problem with acknowledging peoples' celebrations - even if it takes an extra minute?? Besides, there were only about 80 people at the pool at that time. He did say happy birthday to everyone celebrating but it totally put me off when he pointed out that we weren't special. All he had to say was, "ok, we do it a little differently but we'll make sure she is wished a happy birthday". It's all in how you say it.

Le Bistro was worth the extra money. We really enjoyed our meal there.

Like I said in the beginning, we had a good time but I'm definitely not an NCL convert. The best thing about the cruiseline is the price. If there was a similar cruise for the same price on Celebrity, RCCL or Princess, I def. would not go on NCL. However, for a good price, I would certainly try NCL again.

Oh, LOTS of teenagers at the parties. And they seemed to be drinking. We are in our thirties and like to dance and have fun but doing so with drinking 18 year olds wasn't what we expected. Less

Read more Norwegian Sky cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Sky Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Sky 9133

Near an elevator but not stairs which could be annoying if you just wanted to hop down one floor.

Was expecting worse at the actual port but there were a few little shops and as long as you understand that it's a real shipping port, you shouldn't be disappointed. We went to Our Lucaya and thought it was alright. There are shops and a beach but nothing special. The "drink in a coconut" was a rip-off. The space in the coconut is about the size of a test tube. Just order the drink in a regular cup.
Read 771 Freeport Reviews