Carnival Glory Cruise Review by redsoxgirl72

Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Carnival Glory not for me, but Carnival staff great!
Let me start out by saying this was my first cruise so I had a BLAST! I can't compare my experience to a previous experience, just to what I have been told by my friends who have cruised before.

First of all, embarking the ship was crazy! Luckily my friend that I was traveling with was familiar with what we needed to do once we got on the ship. There were several people in the lobby with t-shirts on that said "ask me" which i thought was great! The one thing I was disappointed with was that we were using cash for our ship accounts and the computer wasn't accepting those when we checked in (???) so we had to wait and do it at the pursors desk once we boarded the ship. Needless to say the line was 300 people long.

We went to the Lido deck to get our lunch buffet (forget taking the elevators, its only 6 short flights up, if you can take the stairs- ALWAYS a wait for the elevators) and I was surprised when a table became available (my friend actually asked me "do you want to sit here?" really? SIT DOWN! People will push you out of the way for a seat at this point) Food was just ok, I spent most of the time eating hot dogs and burgers. My friend thought the food was great, I thought it was just edible, never really enjoyed it. They provide all you can drink lemonade, but half the time it was out so I drank water.

Our room was adorable! I never thought I'd be able to sleep in that tiny bed, but I guess the motion of the ship and the fact that I had been drinking in the sun all day put me right out! Of course it never lasted long. We were right across from the laundry room so we never got a full nights sleep. People would be in there chatting at 7 am!!! BRING EARPLUGS if you plan to sleep all night. Even in any other room, people will yell down the hallway to each other. One night I even heard what I think was an employee pushing a rattling cart down the hall at like 1 am! We had a balcony and I am so glad we did! After our busy day we would come back to the room at night, and just sit out there and listen to the ocean. It was beautiful.

Dinner was not quite the experience people told me it would be. Our waiter was nice, but the experience wasn't how everyone had descibed it. Although he did find red pepper flakes for my friend and had them ready for her at every meal. Food, was just ok, best dessert was the first night (creme brulee) and it went downhill from there. Also, I don't know what the big deal is about the molten chocolate cake! It was a 1/4 inch layer of brownie on top and 4 gallons of hot fudge inside. YUCK! I guess you have to REALLY like chocolate to enjoy it.

Ok, if you are planning to lay in the sun by the pool on the sea days, do not go on the Glory! The pools are a little bigger than hot tubs. They are shallow and hold about 10-12 people. I was soooo disappointed. They have 3 pools like this. So you can sit in the hot sun all day but, oops, there are already 12 people in the pool, you can't cool off right now.

Now that I'm done complaining (esp about that POOL) I have to say, you will never be bored on this ship. There is always something to do! The entertainment staff are adorable and they made for a fun time! If you've never been on Carnival you should definitely try it! Also, I was expecting the drinks to be outrageously priced (after what I've heard from my friend who had a bar bill of $1300!!) They are actually cheaper than some restaurants in my hometown AND they had my favorite wine by the glass!!

I would definitely cruise Carnival again, but not on the Glory, only because of that whole pool thing. The staff are very friendly, you will NEVER be bored! Oh they have a comedy club too and the comedians were GREAT! I laughed all week. Shows were great! Those dancers are unbelieveable!!! We also saw a Motown show (I forget his name but he was great!)

Publication Date: 09/09/09