Carnival Glory Cruise Review by OSUTRIKERS: Carnival Glory was great

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Glory was great

Sail Date: August 2009
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

Scheduled a last minute cruise on the Glory, mainly for the itinerary. Short review follows:

Embarkation - in my opinion a breeze. Family dropped us off at luggage area, who quickly unloaded. We then filled out the forms and got in line and was thru security and upstairs within 10 min. About a 10 min line and within about 30 min. we were on the Lido deck.

Ports were supposed to be Nassua, St Thomas and St Maarten. We missed St Maarten because of an approaching tropical storm and the cruise felt it would be bad weather on the island and then we'd have trouble staying in front of the storm. They instead took us to Grand Turk. Although nice and convenient shops right at the pier, it wasn't the same. We shopped for an hour or so and then went back on ship. Pier got very crowded as the Liberty pulled in during this time as well. St Thomas was lovely. We did a tour that I booked online after reading many reviews on Cruise Critic. Sightseeing, beach and shopping for More the day. Nassau was ok in my opinion and all we did was toured the Atlantis hotel on our own and then spent time in the straw market back by the pier. Good deals and you MUST barter.

Food, and service was as I expected. Nothing above normal really. Disembarkation was very painless as well. We were off and on the ride to the airport by 9. Our cabin was 9288 on the Lido deck and I give GREAT thanks to our carnival agent for this balcony cabin. This is port side so each port we came into was on our side. Also, we had the 3rd cabin back from the doors out onto Lido and we never heard a thing. Very great location. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Glory Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Glory Balcony Lido 9288

On this cruise Port side was everything. Nothing was disappointing about the cabin. Room steward, Roy, was fantastic.

Not impressed really.

We used Godfreys tour service. Very knowledgeable and easy to understand. I recommend him to anyone.
Read 2320 St. Thomas Reviews