Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by avril4111

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by avril4111
Freedom of the Seas
Public Rooms 5+
        10-12 5+
        13-15 5+

Freedom of the Seas from a teenagers point of view 8/23-8/30
This was my first cruise. It was a family cruise consisting of me(14), my brother(12), and my parents. We sailed the Eastern Caribbean(8/23/09-8/30/09) Being my first cruise i didnt really know what to expect... Thats actually why i joined cruise critic and the meet & mingle.

Boarding: Boarding the ship was actually quite organized and fast. There were lines but they moved quickly. The secruity check went by very quickly, and we were boarded within about 45 minutes. From there we went straight to the windjammer for lunch because the rooms werent available to enter yet, we boarded around 11 AM.

Stateroom: we had one deluxe oceanview balcony stateroom. There was one queen size bed for my parents and a pullout couch for me and my brother. The room was very clean and set up nicely. The bathroom was clean and small, but you dont spend all of your time there. Its big enough for what it is used for. There was adequate room in the stateroom considering you really only sleep there.

Dining/food: We had 6 oclock main seating in Isaac's. The food in the main dining room was good and even though i only went to the main dining room 4 nights, each night i was satisfied with the food and dining choices. The other nights i went to either the windjammer or sorrentos with my friends. The food at both of those restuarants was good as was the service. Our waiters in the main dining room were Kadek and Aniel(not sure about the spelling). They were both excellent and entertaining. For breakfast we went to the windjammer 6 out of the 7 days. We went to the main dining room only once and the food was good. For lunch i went to either the windjammer or sorrentos.

Pools: There were four pools, one i the h2o zone, 2 main pools, and one in the solarium. They were all nice but rather small. There were 7 hot tubs, 2 in the h2o zone, 3 in the main pool area, and 2 overhanging ones in the solarium. The solarium was for adults over 16 so i was not able to go into any of the pools however i was able to walk through if i needed to get to the other side. In all the pools and hot tubs were nice.

Teen Activities: The teen activities were awesome! i was in the 12-14 year old group along with my brother. One the first night there were 2 different scheduled meet and mingles, both of which were fun. Of course many teens went off and did their own things with people they met at either the living room or fuel, i was one of them. There were scheduled activities throughout the day each day. I was lucky enough to find many teens my own age to hang out with. My brother also found some friends. We both went off and did our own things with our "groups" of friends. Don't be fooled there are still cliques even on a cruise, so if your teen likes that they will love it(just kidding), but there were various groups that were always together. There was teen ice skating, a pool party, various dances, and other activities.

Entertainment: I only attended one of the major entertainment features, the magic show! i thought that the magic show was quite good. My parents attended the broadway show and the ice show. They loved both of them and said that they were spectactular.

Disembarkation: We were in the yellow 1 catagory to disembark. We got off the boat easily and i did not have any problems with it. I found it to be easy and fairly organized considering there were thousands of people to disembark.

Overall: In the end this was my favorite vacation i've ever been on. Everything was clean, service was good, teen activities were awesome and well organized, and my whole family loved it.

Our first port was Coco Cay. I found it to be basically just a beach. I understand that is a beach but there wasnt that many activities to do besides go to the beach. There were various little straw shops when you get off the boat. We were tendered there for the day. We were aboard the second tender that left the ship, there was no line or wait. We went back to the ship early(12:30) and had lunch at the windjammer. There was no line to get back on the ship or board the tender. It was a good thing we had left when we did because as our tender was leaving to go to the ship it started pouring! Overall i would not go back to Coco Cay

Publication Date: 09/07/09