Carnival Glory Cruise Review by miclio12

Embarkation: Port Canaveral
        13-15 4.0
        16+ 4.0

Disaster, disaster, disaster
My name is .............and my family and I took a cruise leaving Port Canaveral on July 4th on board of the Carnival Glory, (stateroom 1064.) and it was one of the most disastrous experiences we've ever had!!! We are repetitive clients of Carnival, since this was our fourth cruise with the company and we have taken several cruises with other companies as well, and this was by far the worst one of all. I have been cruising since the age of fourteen and I am now 54. My father retired after over 30 years of service with the best Italian cruise line on board of ships like Michelangelo, Raffaello, Leonardo Da Vinci and Andrea Doria.

Let us start from the beginning. On the first night, we had a flood in our cabin and after calling guest services three times, someone finally showed up to stop the water flood from the connection on the back of the toilet and start to dry up the cabin. (See attached photos of the busted pipe, cabin, and toilet floor!). After 2 am. and an all night/day traveling from Vegas to Florida to take this cruise, we had been moved into a cabin made to sleep three people and there were four people to fit in this smaller room, not to mention that it was all the way in the bottom of the ship. (In the second floor) At 7am, some very smart cabin attendant woke us up because he needed to prepare the stateroom for the people that where supposed to board in Nassau... Was he for real??? We slept four, five hour tops and here we are moving back again in our stateroom.

A huge blower was placed on the floor to dry the carpet up and to get the humidity/smell out of the cabin. We had to deal with the noise and the inconvenience of try to move around this huge piece of equipment for two days. For all this inconvenience, the guest service officer credited our account for $ 75.00 What an insult!!! I do not need charity from anyone!!! I let the on board representative know immediately to get rid of the credit!!! (Which he did not)

In addition, for the entire cruise, there was a bunch of kids screaming at the top of their lungs and running around the bar/piano lounge in front of the guest service office, the casino bar and several other bars around the ship and security did nothing about it! In my opinion, especially late at night only adults should be allowed in those areas, so that you can have a peaceful conversation, if you choose to do so!

The service in the dinning room was great, the food berely acceptable, hard meats, over cooked pastas, tasteless generally speaking with few exceptions. In addition, because my many years of cruising my family and I always wanted the late sitting since we do not like to be rushed, well wrong choice, we had to run if we wanted to be able to see the shows, because they kept changing the times.

Cabin attendant? We berely saw them a couple of times (and one right before the end of the cruise, to make sure he was getting a little extra tip.

I could go on and on but then it will be a too long the critic and not enough space.

Just one more thing. On the day of debarkation, here we are again with the pipe bursting. My wife and my son were the only ones able to take a shower, what a disaster! Dulcis in fundo, to use a Latin expression that means the sweetest for last, when we finally get to pick up our luggage, the garment bag containing my wife and daughter evening gowns is lost!! Do you need me to explain you in very down to earth language, how happy my wife was to know that two of her best and most favorite designer name brand dresses where gone... Or you can figure it out on your own?

Thanks Carnival for ruining our yearly family vacation!!! For sure Carnival Cruise will NEVER see us again

Publication Date: 09/05/09