Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by jcaccountant: Majesty - A good weekend getaway

jcaccountant
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Majesty of the Seas Bahamas Cruises

Majesty - A good weekend getaway

Sail Date: August 2009
Destination: Bahamas

We are in our mid 50s and enjoyed this cruise. I was skeptical because of the previous member reviews about this ship. Most reviews slammed the food and service on this ship. I did not find a problem with either. We are platinum members and booked a suite because the price was right and we like having a balcony. The only problem with this is that the suites are on deck 10 and the windjammer and pool deck is on deck 11. We had a lot of noise over us and I don't mind it during the day but there was alot of banging in the middle of the night and I could usually sleep through anything. Why do they put suites in an area that is so noisy? I think they should discount these cabins due to the noise. Although there are all ages on the ship, there was a majority of younger people in their 20s and 30s and not many 40s and 50s but more 60 and 70s. I believe the economy has hit the age group in the 40s and 50s the hardest and they are not traveling as much. We had a great cabin steward who took More care of us. We used my time dining and had an excellent waiter who remembered our names every evening and the quality of the food was excellent. The dining at the windjammer was good. The quality of the food was good but the service was not as good as on other ships. The servers were not around to get you drinks at breakfast or lunch. I believe that the dining room staff was trying to dispel the bad reviews they were getting.

The ship has a formal night for dinner on Saturday and I enjoy dressing up but on a 3 day cruise, Royal Caribbean should do away with formal night. The younger crowd on the ship did not dress up anyway and some came in jeans or shorts to the formal night. I was surprised that they were seated and they should have been told to go to the windjammer for dinner.

This is a short cruise that leaves Friday evening and stops in Coco Cay on Saturday and Nassau on Sunday and back to Miami Monday morning, so we enjoyed the pool on Saturday and Sunday while in Port since the Pool area was not crowded. We did go to Coco Cay for the barbeque which was average. I had read that there were flies all over the food but did not have that experience. The menu was OK with the typical chicken, ribs, hamburgers and hotdogs. We took a nature walk and went back to the ship because this time of the year there were too many jelly fish. We have been to Nassau and got off to shop. We enjoyed the shows which was a comedian, a juggler and a cast show. My idea of a great cruise is not the ports you visit but the enjoyment of the ship and the total relaxation. I would go again on this cruse for a weekend getaway and recommend it to my friends. Less

Read more Majesty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Majesty of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Majesty of the Seas Junior Suite Deck 10 1066

Small cabins on this ship. Junior suite was the size of balcony cabin on other Royal Caribbean ships but it had more closet space. This room was noisy because it was right over the pool and there was alot of banging in the middle of the night which woke me up. The cabin walls are thin and you can hear the people opening a drawer next door.

We have been to Nassau many times and we have been to Atlantis and toured The dig and aquarium. We also made deposits at their casino. The beach is beautiful but not worth the money they charge for the excursion. Since I live in Florida, I don't need to pay to visit a beach at Atlantis. The shopping is great if you want to buy a specific piece of jewelry and know what you want. Eating in Nassau is expensive so we rather eat on the ship. Cable beach is nice to visit if you want to go to the casino out there and try your luck. Nassau is the same every time you come to this port so once you see all the attractions there is not much else to do.

Read 2624 Nassau Reviews