Outstanding Experience: Marina Cruise Review by BrownEyedViking

Outstanding Experience

Sail Date: May 2017
Destination: Mediterranean
Embarkation: Lisbon
This was our first trip on Oceania, and the Marina staff made this an extremely enjoyable voyage. The specialty restaurants were outstanding. In comparison to another luxury line we have sailed on, we did find the lunch buffet to be limiting for us and not the quality we've experienced previously. Breakfast options had a great variety, but lunch often had scaled down gourmet offerings, but lacked simple, traditional fare. We're not foodies and would have enjoyed a simple, less "heavy" lunch (we usually opted for a salad).

The entertainment was also a little "meh". I had been looking forward to dancing, but the band, which my friend and I felt were too much of a "wedding band", played songs that required a partner ( a la disco style). My husband doesn't dance, so I'm always glad when a band plays 50's and 60's songs that can be danced to without a partner.

The ports visited were great, although we would have preferred an overnight in More Barcelona and skipped Marsielle.

The staff on this ship is outstanding and want to ensure guests are having an exceptional experience. I will definitely cruise on Oceania again. Less

Published 05/18/17

Cabin review: A29141 Concierge Level

We enjoyed our stay in this cabin. It is nearly at the end of the hall, so little traffic passes by and you don't have a lot of hallway noise. It is at the near opposite end of the hall from the laundry and Concierge Lounge, so this was fairly inconvenient. We're not sure if the walls are thin or if our neighbor had the television on loudly most evenings. It wasn't enough of an issue to call the Concierge, but annoying at times. Our travel companions had a Suite which was very nice; I believe I'd choose this type of accommodation if the cruise were much longer than the 10 days we did.

Read All Concierge Level (A2) Reviews >>

2 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X