Carnival Glory Cruise Review by crstnaNla

Cruise Date: August 2009
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Cabin Category: 6A
        10-12 4.0

GLORIOUS TIME ON THE GLORY!
Cruised on the Carnival Glory 8/22-8/29 roundtrip from Port Canaveral. We visited Cozumel, Belize, Costa Maya and Nassau. This was approx. my 30th cruise or so so I am very familiar with Carnival and the ports.

Carnival is usually not our family's first choice when choosing a cruise line but the price was right on this cruise! I had a wonderful time, Carnival actually exceeded my expectations with the exception of the cuisine of course but that wasn't bad, just not gourmet!

We traveled with a group of 8 and somehow 2 people in our party were placed in a different dining room...it took about 2 minutes for the maitre'd to click a few buttons on his computer and get it fixed so that was really nice! The ship I thought was beautiful, I loved all of the different lounges and bars, there was always plenty going on.

My only gripe was that of the casino staff...the dealers were like zombies, they had absolutely no personalities, quite disappointing as I like to have fun while making a deposit in the casino!

All of our ports were great. Having cruised so much in the past we decided not to book any tours through the cruise line as they always charge an arm and a leg. In Cozumel we went to Playa Mia, for about $50 per person including transportation we had all you can eat and drink plus the use of all of the facilities at the resort, it was fantastic! In Belize again we booked our tour online ahead of time with Coral Breeze tours...this tour was PHENOMENAL! The tour guides were the best! We snorkeled in the most beautiful and warm waters that I've ever been in then they took us to this private island where we had a bite to eat while sipping on the local Belikin beer and groving to the island sounds. On the way back we went on a Manatee watch and actually saw a ton of them! Fantastic tour! In Costa Maya we again got an all inclusive day package to Tequila Beach. The locals here are great, very accomadating and the food was delicious. $20 for all you can eat and drink, couldn't beat that! I had my 11 year old daughter with me and everything was very child / family friendly. Nassau was the biggest disappointment, very over priced and pushy people there. We took a taxi over to Cabbage beach which was supposed to be a "free" beach, don't let them fool you with this! Once you get there they chrage you $10 for a beach chair and $25 for an umbrella, not to mention the "unlimited" drinks you can get for $20 is actually only 4 drinks and it comes from a guy sitting at a folding table with a cooler, not an actual bar! I decided to take a hike a little further down the beach to the Atlantis hotel, we lounged the rest of the day at the pool at the Atlantis. We heard they charge $50 for the use of the pool and the beach at the Atlantis but our group enjoyed the pool, the restaurant, the lazy river and the bar and nobody bothered us about paying!

All in all it was a wonderful trip.. The ship was beautiful, the staff was very nice and accomodating and the tours and ports were A+! One last thing, it was the fastest and most organized debarkation I've had in my 20+ years of cruising!

Publication Date: 09/01/09