Awesome 50th Birthday Cruise : Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by dweber16

Overall Member Rating

Awesome 50th Birthday Cruise

Sail Date: April 2017
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: Port Canaveral (Orlando)
We chose this cruise due to the itineraries and so glad we did. We travelled with 2 of our closest friends for my 50th. 8 days of nothing but FUN!!! The staff was simply amazing and always accommodating! The ports of call where amazing! Aruba, Caucasus and Grand Turks! Cabins, although small as in all cruise ships, were wonderful! Food was plentiful.The only thing that I can actually say I was disappointed in was the pool. It was small for the amount of people that the ship holds, so we just didn't go in. The Serenity Area for adults was awesome, be careful getting into the hammocks, but once you are in, you will not want to come out!

I highly recommend the Land and Sea excursion booked from the ship. We had a blast. We live near beaches so when we travel we want to see the island, learn their history, this did just that. Afterword, we were taken to a submarine and saw a World War II Sunken Ship...won't tell you the story behind it, that would be a spoiler alert! More

I would recommend this ship to anyone, just refurbished in 16, the ship is beautiful!

Hope you enjoy your trip as much as I enjoyed mine! Less

Published 05/12/17

Cabin review: Balcony6123

Awesome

Read 1271 Aruba Reviews

Our Driver's name was George and he was AWESOME! Took us all along the island, told us the history and took us to all the important stops. He Even stopped on the highway bridge so we could take a photo of our ship in front of the island! A little scary, but worth the stop...the photo is amazing! Along the stops were the Cave's, shopping district and liquor distillery.
Read 893 Curacao Reviews

We decided to have a day at the beach, I will say this was the most expensive island.
Read 1654 Grand Turk Reviews

Member Since 2017
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X