Carnival Glory Cruise Review by joeming: What happend to all the perks!

joeming
Member Since 2008

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Western Caribbean Cruises

What happend to all the perks!

Sail Date: July 2009
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

This was our 2nd cruise. we went on a eastern Caribbean cruise last year on the Triumph, so this year we wanted to try the western Caribbean. We chose the Glory. We stayed at the Springhill suites in Orlando the night before. It was a fantastic hotel with comfortable beds. My wife's sister and her 16 year old son joined us on the cruise also. The next morning, our van picked us up at the hotel and was a 1/2 hour early. We chose Interplex transportation. I highly recommend this service. They are always on time, have new clean vans, and the price is very reasonable. We got to the ship at 12:30 and was having lunch on the ship by 1:30. It was very easy and fast. Are room was on deck 6 with a balcony. Our first disappointment was the lack of a couch. An 8A balcony stateroom showed a couch on the web site, and we only had one chair to sit on. The room was clean, and roomy. plenty of space for the luggage. My sister in law was in room 6473 right next to us and the kids had an inside More cabin across the hall. Room 6479.

First night show was fantastic. We had late seating for dinner 8:15 and the show was at 10 PM. But the next night we had to go to the show before dinner and every night after that. We were real disappointed. We always enjoyed late dinner and the late show after, that's why we chose the late dinner.But now they force you to leave the pool area, so have to shower, get dressed early so you can see the show, eat then spend money at the casino and the bars. I don't know if carnival is doing this on all ships, but they did not do this last year on the triumph. Then if you want to go see an adult comedian, you have to try and get a seat 1 hour before the show. the large theater is empty after 9pm, why didn't they just have the shows there. You can fit more people in there. But they want you to walk by the casinos and bars to spend more money. Also there used to be at least one or two deck parties and the midnight buffets. They are all gone now too. If you went a hamburger, you better get it before 10:30 or 11Pm. Because the will close too. Your only choice is pizza after 11 o'clock or room service. They Used to have more choice's too, now you can only get a sandwich or snack. Last year if I was at the grill in the rear of the ship, I can ask them for milk and they would get it for you, Now they say you can only get milk at breakfast or room service. One Night my son ordered a sandwich at 1 am. he fell asleep and they knocked on his door at 3 am to deliver the sandwich. They said they were backed up.

Our dinning room was great. We had the 4 floor platinum room next to the rear windows, great views. Jerrome from Jamaica was fantastic. We always had at least 5 choice's for dinner. Missing from the beverage selection was the fruit punch. You can only get Ice Tea, lemon aid or water.

One other note. For two nights the ship rocked and rolled all night. My wife for the first time had to put a patch on for Motion sickness. It was hard walking down the hallways in a straight line. It seemed to bother her sister too and my Daughter. But my son ,Nephew and myself were not phased at all. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Glory Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Glory Balcony Upper 6481

Room 6481 Glory 8A. No couch and a lot of vibration from the ships engine. But Large balcony.

We did not go to Belize city, We took a tender to a private Island beach break. We went on Kayaks, swam, drank, play volley ball. A great place to go. Very scenic.Don't forget to visit Jojo the Monkey.

Costa Maya is an Fenced in mall attached to a pier. I thought it would be like Grand Turk. It does not even come close. The DJ plays the same 5 songs and does not know how to get the crowd up and dancing like the fun at Grand Turk.Also many armed military men with M16's walking around the pool and they even have a sniper on the roof of the biuldings. what is that all about. No beach to swim in, to many rocks. Just enjoy the crowded pool.

Cozumel was nice. We took a taxi for 12 dollars, for 6 of us and went to chankanaab. Great place for snorkeling. The kid went on the Dolphin swim and it was worth every penny. Only 99 Dollars. The same thing at the Atlantis was about 200 Dollars. Then we went back to the pier and walk across the street to a flee market, run for the hills. Every thing that we bought broke within 48 hours. Also I left our beach bag on the chair at the beach near the pier, and somebody took my sons camera from it but returned the empty bag to security. He was very disappointed.The security at the pier did every thing they could to try to get it back. They were very helpful, but not successful. All in all I like Cozumel.
Read 3099 Cozumel Reviews

(5.5)
We went to Nassau and took the aquaventure trip from the ship. It cost 160 dollars but it was worth it.Book early because this trip does sell out. I was on a waiting list the first day of the cruise. The day before we went to Nassau, I found the tickets in my mail box.That was a great surprise. I think somebody backed out or they added another bus. You can buy tickets at the Atlantis for 110 dollars, they were sold out too. So don't take a chance. You will not find a better water park anywhere! The Ticket included a lunch voucher.
Read 2624 Nassau Reviews

On the last day, We gave our cabin Stewart cash to watch our bags in one room. We then went to Breakfast sat around for awhile, then self debarked at 11am and was off the ship by 11:30. Interplex was there waiting for us. Once again very reliable. One last note. The best entertainment on the ship was a group called Salsa Nights. They would get the crowd up dancing every night. The rock band was terrible. They played the same 5, 60's songs every night. Nobody under the age of 50 want's to hear Mustang Sally every night. The Salsa band even played in the atrium on night six and within 10 minutes, there was 200 hundred guest dancing on every level of the atrium. They were the shinning stars of the cruise. All in all We still had a great time. You can't go wrong on a cruise. I just have to stop comparing the two I have been on and enjoy the one you're on. Its better than work.