Carnival Glory Cruise Review by joeming

Member Name: joeming
Cruise Date: July 2009
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Cabin Category: 8a

What happend to all the perks!
This was our 2nd cruise. we went on a eastern Caribbean cruise last year on the Triumph, so this year we wanted to try the western Caribbean. We chose the Glory. We stayed at the Springhill suites in Orlando the night before. It was a fantastic hotel with comfortable beds. My wife's sister and her 16 year old son joined us on the cruise also. The next morning, our van picked us up at the hotel and was a 1/2 hour early. We chose Interplex transportation. I highly recommend this service. They are always on time, have new clean vans, and the price is very reasonable. We got to the ship at 12:30 and was having lunch on the ship by 1:30. It was very easy and fast. Are room was on deck 6 with a balcony. Our first disappointment was the lack of a couch. An 8A balcony stateroom showed a couch on the web site, and we only had one chair to sit on. The room was clean, and roomy. plenty of space for the luggage. My sister in law was in room 6473 right next to us and the kids had an inside cabin across the hall. Room 6479.

First night show was fantastic. We had late seating for dinner 8:15 and the show was at 10 PM. But the next night we had to go to the show before dinner and every night after that. We were real disappointed. We always enjoyed late dinner and the late show after, that's why we chose the late dinner.But now they force you to leave the pool area, so have to shower, get dressed early so you can see the show, eat then spend money at the casino and the bars. I don't know if carnival is doing this on all ships, but they did not do this last year on the triumph. Then if you want to go see an adult comedian, you have to try and get a seat 1 hour before the show. the large theater is empty after 9pm, why didn't they just have the shows there. You can fit more people in there. But they want you to walk by the casinos and bars to spend more money. Also there used to be at least one or two deck parties and the midnight buffets. They are all gone now too. If you went a hamburger, you better get it before 10:30 or 11Pm. Because the will close too. Your only choice is pizza after 11 o'clock or room service. They Used to have more choice's too, now you can only get a sandwich or snack. Last year if I was at the grill in the rear of the ship, I can ask them for milk and they would get it for you, Now they say you can only get milk at breakfast or room service. One Night my son ordered a sandwich at 1 am. he fell asleep and they knocked on his door at 3 am to deliver the sandwich. They said they were backed up.

Our dinning room was great. We had the 4 floor platinum room next to the rear windows, great views. Jerrome from Jamaica was fantastic. We always had at least 5 choice's for dinner. Missing from the beverage selection was the fruit punch. You can only get Ice Tea, lemon aid or water.

One other note. For two nights the ship rocked and rolled all night. My wife for the first time had to put a patch on for Motion sickness. It was hard walking down the hallways in a straight line. It seemed to bother her sister too and my Daughter. But my son ,Nephew and myself were not phased at all.

Publication Date: 08/28/09