“Slightly Bummed after Bermuda”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas

AZ0809 Explorer of the Seas 3 Slightly Bummed after Bermuda
AZ0809
Member Since 2009
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Just wanted to give a heads up to people contemplating sailing out of Cape Liberty to Bermuda. The primary reasons we took this particular cruise were location of port and duration of cruise. We wanted a port close to Boston as we were already there on vacation (and the kids were staying with grandparents there) and a shorter cruise as it was our first vacation together since having kids, and we thought five nights was the most feasible time away.

Although the ship was definitely older, our junior suite was very nice and roomy. The food was pretty good, and the amenities plentiful. It was nice to get away. Bermuda was nice although nothing spectacular. The biggest issue really that of the 3800 passengers aboard (if cruise again taking a much smaller ship - would rather have quality than quantity) I would guess 3790 were from the Northeast primarily New Jersey and New York. I do recognize that life is harder there, but I really missed the common courtesies that you take for granted in places outside that region. We are from Arizona. We wait our turn in line. We say excuse me and please. We move out of the way to be courteous and don't mow people down. We don't talk ALL the time. We are not loud, and we don't scream across rooms. Really, I could go on. The point is DON'T take this cruise without knowing what the crowd is going to be alike. We should have taken the couple extra days and flown from Florida.

Explorer of the Seas Cruises to Bermuda

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Explorer of the Seas Review
Explorer of the Seas Cruises to Bermuda
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?